Post Date: 08/31/22 Company: Neighborhood Health Clinic
Neighborhood Health Clinic delivers quality medical and dental care to low-income, working but uninsured Collier County adults, using a professional volunteer staff and funded by private philanthropy. We are looking to add a vibrant and enthusiastic individual who will cultivate, recruit, retain and effectively manage our important volunteer base. Please take a look at our opportunity and if interested we would love to hear from you. Come join this great cause and fabulous team at the Clinic.
Neighborhood Health Clinic
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the CDO and serves as an integral external ambassador and representative for the Neighborhood Health Clinic. S/he works closely with the CDO to manage volunteer goals, cultivate internal and external relationships and work on independent projects for the Neighborhood Health Clinic.
S/he initiates, implements and regularly evaluates annual and long-range plans to secure volunteers for Clinic responsibilities, Fundraising and Marketing opportunities and other volunteer opportunities within the Clinic. S/he recruits volunteers for fund raising events and effectively coordinates coverage of all volunteer needs. S/he also will be involved in the oversight and management of volunteer opportunities throughout the Clinic. As a volunteer driven organization with over 700 volunteers, this person will communicate, cultivate and recruit volunteers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the all aspects of volunteers needs within the Clinic. Activities will include but not limited to:
Volunteer Fairs and other activities to secure volunteers for the Clinic Solicitation
Volunteer Activities – Bi Annual Volunteer Receptions
Volunteer On Boarding
Use of Raiser’s Edge for Volunteer Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, administer, and implement all volunteer needs and activities.
- Maintain a proactive, creative leadership role in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation volunteer opportunities.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers.
- Oversee and expand the Neighborhood Health Clinic’s Volunteer program.
- Assist in researching and pinpoint potential new avenues to recruit, secure and retain active donors for the Clinic.
- Make volunteers cultivation a priority through regular communication with volunteers, such as handwritten notes, emails and phone calls.
- Assist in the development of the Volunteer budget.
- Project annually volunteer numbers based on recruitment, securing and retaining of volunteers.
- Compile volunteer reports (e.g. weekly, monthly, annual reports; incident, special event reports; etc.) as requested by the CEO and CDO.
- Research professional volunteer groups to participate in to advance the volunteer efforts for the Clinic.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge fundraising and donor management software (training available)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the CDO. Currently, the development team consists of one full-time CDO, Director of Development, Development Associate and Part Time Database Assistant. Development staff additions are anticipated.
Experience and Education
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or Marketing or related field from an accredited college or university or experience within the field equivalent to offset any completion of degree.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Experience in organizing development-related projects from inception to final presentation.
- Knowledge of:
- Volunteer recruitment, cultivation and retention methodologies and techniques.
- Principles and practices of publicity, promotion, and public relations.
- Community relations and the development and use of community services.
- Development of analytical tools and reports for benchmarking and progress measurement for internal and external audiences.
- Raiser’s Edge donor management and fundraising software. (training available)
- Extremely strong:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Personal interaction with local giving community.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other departments, staff, professionals from other Clinic departments, and the general public.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft® Office
- Ability to work events, set up, tear down and other event functions.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and occasional evenings.
- Occasional travel via all modes of transportation.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Valid state driver’s license.
CERTIFICATES AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Research and retain Volunteer Professionals membership in Collier County..
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Some travel may be required.
Neighborhood Health Clinic reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description pertains to an “at will” position with the Neighborhood Health Clinic and in no way constitutes a written or implied contract of employment.