Director of Donor Relations & Stewardship
Post Date: 05/03/23 Company: NCH Healthcare System
The Director Donor Relations & Stewardship is responsible for contributing to a comprehensive stewardship strategy for
donors and develop and oversee gift stewardship and reporting programs that enhance the donor experience. This
position will administer and execute a comprehensive stewardship program to enhance and build relationships with NCH
donors. The Director will oversee and manage all aspects of stewardship events including annual planned giving society
luncheons, annual honored patron night, nurse scholarship luncheons, and others as assigned. Develops, manages and
coordinates naming opportunities throughout the hospital system; works with outside vendors on donor signage creation
and execution as well as maintaining an accurate and comprehensive naming list. The Director will report to the Executive
Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
• Creates and manages a tiered stewardship system and collaborates with Communication. Marketing and
Development teams to create customized stewardship collateral.
• Develops and oversees comprehensive campaign naming management system.
• Creates thank you emails, post-event videos, sends nursing scholarship recipient thank you letters and other
stewardship materials. Works with communications/annual fund calendars and ensures stewardship
communications occur accordingly.
• Prepares data for stewardship materials, including running financial reports.
• Maintains accurate rosters and lists of donor recognition societies and loyalty programs such as Banyan
Society, Viviano Circle and Medical Diplomats Council. Keeps Philanthropy CRM up to date with this
• Provides on-site support and management at NCH stewardship events. Plans and implements cultivation
and stewardship events in conjunction with the Director of Development, Special Events to create
engagement opportunities for current donors. Ensures connection of event participation in Raiser’s Edge
database and proper follow up with attendees.
• Creates and archives stewardship reports in conjunction with Philanthropy leadership.
• Maintain stewardship action within the donor database.
• Updates donors as new gifts are made to existing funds.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Communications, Marketing, Business or related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a progressively responsible role in an office environment.
• Experience in Raiser’s Edge and prior special event experience preferred.
• Ability to think systematically about problems and is successful at finding appropriate solutions.
• Takes initiative and is self-motivated; completes tasks in a timely manner.
• Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and busy environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate directly and effectively with
• Tactfulness, flexibility, and creativity are essential in working with diverse population groups (constituents,
physicians, faculty, staff, vendors, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• A demonstrated ability to produce error free work when performing a variety of functions such as typing, text
editing, data entry, file management, and calculations is required.
• Prior Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.