Chief Development Officer
Post Date: 05/15/23 Company: Youth Haven
Join our team and make a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children! Youth Haven, a leading organization in Southwest Florida, is seeking a passionate and visionary Chief Development Officer (CDO) to drive our fundraising efforts and help create brighter futures for our community’s most vulnerable youth.
About Youth Haven: For over 50 years, Youth Haven has been providing a therapeutic sanctuary environment for children and teens to heal from trauma. Our dedicated staff is committed to ensuring that the foster children in our care receive the love, support, and opportunities they deserve. We are on a mission to transform lives and create better outcomes through our visionary programming.
Position: Chief Development Officer (CDO) Reports to: CEO Employment Category: Exempt
Responsibilities: As the CDO, you will be a key member of our executive team and work closely with the CEO to set the strategy for ongoing revenue growth. Your primary focus will be propelling Youth Haven to new levels of fundraising success and aligning the efforts of our development team with the strategic priorities of the organization. Key responsibilities include:
- Assessing existing development activities and identifying areas with potential for growth.
- Developing and leading targeted strategies to enhance private philanthropy and build a pipeline for major gifts.
- Shifting our fundraising approach from event-driven transactions to relationship-driven partnerships.
- Setting clear objectives, goals, and metrics for the development team.
- Serving as the liaison to the CEO and Board of Directors for all fundraising activities.
- Personally managing a portfolio of donors.
- Raising our organizational profile through exceptional communications and brand awareness.
We offer a generous benefits package, including a 403B retirement plan with a 6% match, health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and a gas, cell phone, and wellness stipend.
If you are ready to join our dedicated team and help us continue to provide home, hope, and healing to abused and neglected children, we invite you to apply by emailing your resume to Lora Joye, Human Resources Manager, Lora.Joye@YouthHavenSWFL.org. Together, we can make a lasting impact and change lives for the better.
- A passion for Youth Haven’s mission and a strong commitment to making a difference in the lives of children and teens.
- A minimum of eight years of nonprofit fundraising experience, with a proven track record of growing donor bases and increasing philanthropic revenue.
- Experience in recruiting, inspiring, and developing staff.
- The ability to be both a strategic and hands-on development leader, partnering with a visionary CEO to drive transformative growth.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with board members and volunteers.
- Capital campaign experience preferred.
- Experience in building planned giving and endowment programs.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and integrity, with the ability to be a creative and critical thought partner.
- CFRE designation preferred.
- Proficiency in fundraising CRM platforms, such as DonorPerfect.