Post Date: 06/15/21 Company: Parkinson’s Association of Southwest Florida
Development Assistant – Job Description
About us – Parkinson’s Association of Southwest Florida serves Collier and Lee Counties. We provide proven and effective programs and services that improve quality of life, educate, enrich, and empower people affected by Parkinson’s Disease and related neurodegenerative diseases. We continue to create a Parkinson’s-friendly community where people affected by PD and other neurodegenerative diseases are treated with dignity and understanding.
Description – Parkinson’s Association of Southwest Florida seeks a bright and highly-motivated individual with attention to detail to help support fundraising operations and office administration. The full-time Development Assistant will be responsible for acknowledgement of gifts/donations, donor data management, communications and general administrative support. Strong attention to detail, excellent customer service and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
- Provide a high level of customer service for members, existing and prospective donors.
- Manage and update organization’s database (Donor Perfect).
- Manage the timely acknowledgement of gifts and assure that all types of donations (cash, pledges, matching gifts, and planned gifts) are properly documented.
- Assist with the writing and editing of acknowledgements, donor news, reports, and proposals.
- Coordinate mail appeals including drafting letters, segmenting data, producing lists, and working with the printer/mail house to deliver the project on time and then tracking/reporting results
- Prepare donor database reports as requested.
- Provide administrative support to fundraising and special event related activities.
- Assist with marketing efforts.
- Provide onsite event day support at the special events, some during the evening or on weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greet guests, members, donors and visitors and connect them with the appropriate staff.
- Answer phone in a timely manner, providing appropriate information and resources.
- Provide program support including but not limited to opening and closing Zoom sessions, tracking and reporting attendance data.
- Process new membership applications.
- Provide a broad variety of administrative support to the Executive Director related to the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide input on updates for the website and e-communications.
Experience, Abilities & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an area related to data base management, office administrative support, development, or event coordination. Prior nonprofit work experience a plus.
- Exceptional skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities, and problem solve.
- A team-oriented attitude with the ability to be a self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent skills and experience with Office 365, working with databases and internet research; knowledge of Donor Perfect a plus.
- A sense of humor, empathy and the ability to listen make a difference in the lives we serve.
Please send resume/CV to Employment@ParkinsonAssociationSWFL.org.
Parkinson’s Association of Southwest Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, including, without limitation, decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, corrective action, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are based on individual qualifications and/or other legitimate business factors, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age (40 and over), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.