Donor Services Coordinator
Post Date: 06/16/21 Company: ECHO Inc.
The Donor Services Coordinator provides support to the Advancement Office and participates in fundraising, marketing, and public relations activities, including, but not limited to, direct mail appeals, proposal development, and special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to the goals of the Advancement Department as follows:
Administrative Support (5%)
- Serve as a first point of contact for those contacting the Advancement Office.
- Handle telephone calls and relay messages to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and ensure that supplies are ordered on time.
- Organize resource materials, and serve as a liaison to staff requesting promotional resources.
- Manage firstname.lastname@example.org email account, answering questions where applicable and disseminating email to appropriate staff/departments.
Database Management (20%)
- Insure the accurate functioning of the credit card processor for donations; add/update/merge accounts; maintain “clean” data records by insuring standardization of data entries; configure and generate data reports for team analysis.
- Entry of tour guests’ information into the database; implement communication and follow-up strategies for tour guests (prospective donors) such as postcards and emails.
- Train and manage volunteers on data entry and special database projects.
- Track bounce-backs of credit card transactions; follow-up with donors to set-up new credit card payment information; diagnose and resolve processing errors between database and credit card processor.
- Update SOP practices for database functions, training other Advancement Staff on these practices.
Donation Processing (25%)
- Write content for donor acknowledgement letters; update content within database system each month.
- Process donation deposit and enter donations into Salesforce.
- Maintain organized record keeping of donation documentation for audit needs.
- Generate/mail thank-you letters for soft credits and gifts.
- Generate/mail tribute cards.
- Maintain documentation for workplace giving campaigns; run donor reporting and implement appropriate stewardship follow-up practices.
- Maintain accurate information for using third-party portals to obtain donor information.
Donor Stewardship & Public Relations Outreach (30%)
- Assist with fundraising strategies for annual fund giving for current, lapsed, volunteer, and donor prospects.
- Cultivate a portfolio of annual fund donors.
- Implement proactive system of cultivation and retention strategies for recurring donors. Conduct monthly analysis of growth in this giving segment.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to various audiences (clubs, fairs, church programs, fundraising events), targeting communications toward the particular audience.
- Lead tours of ECHO’s Global Farm for prospective or current donors.
- Partner with the Advancement Team to prioritize weekly advancement opportunities; contribute to strategies, communication, and research to cultivate relationships with current donors and prospects.
- Manage volunteers for Advancement department.
- Manage the Speakers Bureau, including scheduling and interacting with internal and external associates, to coordinate opportunities to promote ECHO.
- Assist with event logistics.
State Registration Compliance & Filings (20%)
- Research, identify, and document requirements and filing process for each state charity registration, conducting an annual audit to stay up-to-date.
- Develop a manageable timeline for submitting all required documentation for each required state charity registration.
- Ensure that ECHO stays in compliance by completing and submitting thorough and accurate filings.
- Liaison with vendor providing annual registered agent services.
- Process and submit related charity registration expenses, maintaining through records of all required payments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must subscribe to and affirm the ECHO Statement of Faith and possess character traits consistent with ECHO’s core values.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to ensure successful interaction with all levels of employees and external contacts.
- Strong administrative skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with different types of personalities.
- Initiative to take ownership of assignments and show great accountability for work.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time wisely, prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, follow instructions, and work well under pressure.
- The ability to work independently, and, as part of a team.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends for special events.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in fundraising in a nonprofit environment preferred.
If you are interested please visit our website to apply at: https://echonet.org/about-us/careers/