Post Date: 06/24/21 Company: The Village School of Naples, FL
The Village School of Naples is now accepting resumes for a dynamic Development Associate who is organized, self-motivated, flexible professional with strong computer skills. The Development Associate is primarily responsible for donor gift management, but will also assist with all development and fundraising events and functions, as well as donor research.
The Development Associate maintains critical donor, alumni, and relationship information in the school’s constituent database, and in other data sources as needed.
The Development Associate produces critical fundraising documentation as needed for impact, annual and performance reporting to external stakeholders, including donors, school and nonprofit organizations, accrediting agencies, and other entities as needed.
The Development Associate also provides support for the Development Team as needed for special events such as the fundraising gala, golf tournament, and other activities, which occur throughout the school year.
The Village School values inquiry-based, student-centered learning aimed to empower and inspire students to create solutions to challenges faced in an ever-changing world.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process daily gifts and record in database: cash, stock, and in-kind for all development activities (Annual Giving, Campaign Giving, Events)
• Track and prepare gift pledge documentation for capital, multi-year, and other pledges
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual gift reports as needed or requested from Development team, business office, Head of School, and/or Trustees
• Ensure timely and accurate database clean-up and other updates to the constituent database for the beginning of year and end of year activities
• Conduct donor research using WealthEngine and other online data sources
• Assist in the planning, set up, and execution of fundraising, alumni, and parent events
• Build and maintain auction data through auction software to include silent and live auction items, catalogs, ticket and sponsorship information, photos, etc.
• Prepare online bidding in support of the gala
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-moving workplace
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
• Professional, ethical standards for handling confidential information and maintaining integrity of data and reports
• Ability to be flexible; work evenings and weekends occasionally as required
• Physically, the position requires sitting, walking, standing, and ability to lift up to 50lbs. without assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Village School is an independent school that respects, embraces, and celebrates diversity in its curriculum, student body, and staff. The Village School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or any other status protected by applicable law, in the admission of students or in the administration of its educational program.
The Village School of Naples is a private preschool through 12th-grade college preparatory school located in Naples, Florida. As the first independent STEAM school in Collier County, TVS is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in academics, technology, athletics, and the arts. TVS is devoted to the development of the whole child. Christian values guide a diverse TVS student body and prepare them with confidence and wisdom for what lies ahead. TVS added an Upper School in 2016 and had its first graduating class in 2020. The Village School of Naples is accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools and the National Association of Independent Schools.
Application Instructions: Submit your application, resume, and cover letter online by visiting our website at: https://www.villageschoolnaples.org/about/career-opportunities