Executive Assistant/Residency Coordinator
Post Date: 07/08/21 Company: Hermitage Artist Retreat
Executive Assistant/Residency Coordinator
About the Hermitage Artist Retreat
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is a multi-disciplinary artist retreat uniquely serving artists, the creative process, and the community. Located on a nine-acre beachside campus in Manasota Key at the southern tip of Sarasota County, Florida, we provide diverse and accomplished artists with multi-week residencies to create new works of art, theater, music, literature, and more. Our Hermitage Fellows have described their experiences as “life-changing” and “transformative,” regularly noting that they accomplish more in two weeks at the Hermitage than they otherwise might do in two years. The award-winning original works created at the Hermitage are presented in renowned concert halls, theaters, museums, and galleries throughout our region and across the globe. In addition to the unique and invaluable experience we provide to artists, we take pride in our complementary missions of historic preservation, ecological restoration, and community outreach and engagement.
Artistic Director and CEO: Andy Sandberg
The Executive Assistant/Residency Coordinator reports directly to the Artistic Director/CEO in support of the overall mission. This position is responsible for the efficient operation and coordination of the executive office administrative duties and activities, particularly with regards to the day-to-day needs, planning, communications, and organizational processes of the Artistic Director/CEO. Additionally, this position serves to support and coordinate all residency logistics for the Hermitage artists; this includes coordinating artist invitations and schedules, travel and accommodations, and meals, as well as assisting with presentations and special events. The Executive Assistant/Residency Coordinator may also support data entry, volunteer management, and archival projects. Additionally, this position will play a key role in the coordination of events and programs. Special projects may be assigned.
• Works directly for the Artistic Director and CEO to support the efficient day-to-day operations of the executive office. This includes shared drive management, calendar management, and organizing office inventory and materials.
• Assists the Artistic Director and CEO in all aspects of communication, scheduling, logistics, planning, and organization.
• Manage clerical functions in organizing all incoming mail, invoices, filing, workflow, online accounts, etc.
• Coordinates logistics for the 70-80 artists in residence per year. This includes scheduling of residencies; any applicable travel arrangements; housing assignments and calendars; local travel and food/beverage; and being present and available for the artists’ needs while in residence.
• Supports the live and virtual programming of the Hermitage, including RSVP management, venue and equipment set-up, post-event receptions, survey preparation and compilation, etc.
• Coordinate volunteer management, including the scheduling, training, and recruitment of volunteers.
• Manage the reception of incoming visitors and correspondence to ensure effective phone, mail, and in-person communications both internally and externally to maintain the Hermitage’s professional image.
• Supports the production of e-blasts, social media, and other key communications.
• Record, type, and distribute minutes from staff, board, and committee meetings, as requested.
• Participates as needed in special projects at the direction of the Artistic Director/CEO.
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; strong editing and proofreading skills are essential.
• Strong project management and coordination skills; must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
• The ability to synthesize information, and report concisely and clearly to the CEO and other members of the team.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player; at ease with a wide range of constituents and backgrounds.
• Reliable and resourceful, a “can do” attitude with a sense of initiative.
• Proficient with management software, including database, communication, donor, and event management programs.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite applications, Zoom, and other relevant applications; as well as basic design and layout abilities.
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot basic office equipment.
• Ability to quickly understand and utilize technical systems and databases.
• Flexible to work evenings and weekends whenever needed in support of artist programs and donor events on campus and throughout our region.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent, or higher.
• Familiarity with Salesforce, and proficiency in video/photo editing a plus.
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, artists, guests, and members of our community.
Location of position: The Hermitage Artist Retreat on Manasota Key, Sarasota County, Florida
Please note: This is a full-time, on-site position; non-local candidates would be expected to relocate.
Salary and benefits:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit:
• Cover Letter
• Three References
Submit Applications to: Jobs@HermitageArtistRetreat.org
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position in the coming weeks. Candidates are asked to submit their material as soon as possible.