Post Date: 07/16/21 Company: Naples Children & Education Foundation
The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF) supports effective, disciplined charitable programs that significantly improve the physical, emotional and educational lives of underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County, Florida.
The Grants Coordinator ensures effective implementation of the grant making process and serves as an integral member of the team at NCEF.
Works with NCEF Grants Director and Grant Committee by administering all components of grants processing, including structure of grants, regulatory compliance, and sharing of grants information with relevant parties. Works externally with applicants and beneficiaries and internally with directors to structure and complete processing of grant making requirements. Collaborates with the Grants Director and strategic initiative partners to identify ongoing support of NCEF’s Strategic Initiatives.
• Participates in the intake and dissemination of grant applications.
• Tracks and provides oversight on foundation payout to meet legal requirements and program goals.
• Conducts auditing functions for Strategic Initiatives and Beneficiaries, ensuring each beneficiary and strategic initiative is compliant with grant award conditions and all fiscal commitments are fulfilled.
• Performs initial review of grant applicants and summarize important points for Grant Committee decision making.
• Receives and reviews budget amendment requests from beneficiaries.
• Assists with grants and financial data reconciliations for each strategic initiative and awarded grants (budget to actual).
• Maintains accurate data on all awards and communicates this information to all parties on an as needed basis.
• Maintains and updates data in electronic grant management systems.
• Researches foundations that give grants as well as government funding to leverage the Foundation’s Strategic Initiatives.
• Develops an in-depth knowledge of assigned program areas, including current issues and key resource people and organizations and a clear understanding of how they fit into the Foundation’s interests.
• Stays informed as necessary on grant related issues throughout the grants’ duration.
• Assists in Naples Winter Wine Festival events.
• In collaboration with the Grants Director, assists in logistics, agenda-setting, and presentations for NCEF’s Grant Committee, including conducting site visits or issue-area research on behalf of the committee.
Required Competencies and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years’ experience working in an office setting with a nonprofit organization. Experience with grant making a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience in philanthropy and the nonprofit sector.
• Strategic and creative problem solving. The ability to find thoughtful, high-impact solutions to problems.
• Analytical and critical thinking. Exceptionally skilled at investigating and assessing qualitative or quantitative data, drawing useful and nuanced findings and being adept at asking questions to refine conclusions.
• Communications skills. Ability to speak and write clearly, effectively, succinctly and spontaneously, especially under time pressures.
• Flexibility/Adaptability. Capacity to multi-task, switch directions and assume new or additional assignments quickly and graciously with shifting priorities and conditions.
• Detail oriented is a must.
• Willingness to take initiative and work independently or as part of a team.
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Grants Coordinator” in your subject line
No phone calls please.