Part-time Bookkeeper & Development Associate
Post Date: 07/20/21 Company: Cape Coral Community Foundation
Bookkeeper & Development Associate
This is a part-time position
The Cape Coral Community Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that builds and strengthens the Southwest Florida community through fundraising, grant-making, and establishing community networks, is seeking a part-time bookkeeper and development associate to begin immediately.
The Cape Coral Community Foundation believes in servant leadership. We hire talent based on teach-ability not ability. While we are secular organization, we also actively work within the faith community alongside churches and churches. The desired job candidate must be comfortable working with an organization that provides outreach services to nonprofits and donors with spiritual values.
- Maintain records of transactions in operating account, post transactions, and prepare monthly reconciliation.
- Assist executive director with cash, or check deposits.
- Assist executive director with the payment of the Foundation’s bills.
- Assist in developing, and maintain, a chart of accounts for the Foundation’s endowment holdings, support and revenue, and expenditures.
- Maintain general ledger and prepare monthly financial reports.
- Assist with quarterly financial board presentation with President/CEO and treasurer.
- Respond to inquiries concerning bookkeeping detail from President and outside accountant.
- Collaborate effectively with President/CEO, executive assistant, and outsourced consultants.
- Process daily gifts and record in database: cash, stock, and in-kind for all development activities (Annual Giving, Campaign Giving, Events)
- Track and prepare gift pledge documentation for capital, multi-year, and other pledges
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual gift reports as needed or requested from the President & CEO
- Ensure timely and accurate database clean-up and other updates to the constituent database for the beginning of year and end of year activities
- Assist in the planning, set up, and execution of fundraising, and outreach events
- Build and maintain auction data through auction software to include silent and live auction items, catalogs, ticket and sponsorship information, photos, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications And Skills
- A detail-oriented partner who follows through.
- Responsive, efficient, and effective in an office setting.
- Clarity and precision in oral and electronic communication.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office Suite (including SharePoint and Excel) is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-moving workplace.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Professional, ethical standards for handling confidential information and maintaining integrity of data and reports
- Ability to be flexible; work evenings and weekends occasionally as required
- Familiarity with Bill.com and CRM Databases are very helpful.
- Scope Of Work
- This is an hourly part-time position.
- Monthly hours vary during the year.
- Anticipated average of 20 – 25 hours per week
To express interest in the position, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com