Community Engagement Manager
Post Date: 07/26/21 Company: Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for the coordination of community outreach activities for the purpose of raising awareness and strengthening relationships with community partners, local businesses, and volunteer organizations through proactively participating in community events, organizations, and committees.
1. Cultivate, establish, and solicit sponsorships for special events/fundraising purposes from existing, new, or lapsed community partners.
2. Prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of the fundraising plan, including tracking sponsorship progress.
3. Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
4. Cultivate and maintain community partnerships with individuals, non-profits, county services, businesses, Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, Kiwanis, and other civic organizations for the purpose of creating a Boys & Girls Club of Collier County presence in the broader community.
5. As a result of interacting with external stakeholders, recommend, create, and implement action plans to further organizational objectives and provide visibility on a quarterly basis.
6. Develop and execute a formal, volunteer recognition and stewardship program to ensure volunteers feel appreciated, valued, and connected to the mission on a quarterly basis.
7. Assures the Club has appropriate volunteers/interns through proactive recruitment practices. Identify a person with the skills, experience, and knowledge needed to fulfill the need.
8. Interview volunteers to assess the applicant’s ability to fulfill the volunteer role successfully, including the completion of background checks.
9. Work with program managers to build a strong working knowledge of all youth programs to identify the needs of our Clubs to support volunteer recruitment. Participate in program staff meetings.
10. Publish quarterly e-newsletter to volunteers.
11. Accurately record individual and group volunteer hours monthly and maintain records for reporting purposes.
12. Promote, advertise, and present volunteer and internship opportunities at annual fairs, community meetings, and/or any other promotional opportunity.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Must love working with people and have an outgoing personality; comfortable in networking settings, customer service, community organizing
• Ability to drive initiatives forward with limited supervision
• Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills and a high comfort level with technology and social media
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience in preparing and giving public presentations
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative, high energy work environment
• Maintain confidential information
• Have high integrity and moral character, supporting the mission, philosophy, values, and policies of Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
Compensation range is $40,000 – $50,000. A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.