Major Gifts Officer
Post Date: 08/23/21 Company: Artis—Naples
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors capable of giving gifts of $5,000 or more annually. The Major Gifts Officer will manage a portfolio of approximately 100-125 donors and prospects. Additionally, the Major Gifts Officer will assume responsibility for Foundation Relations, stewarding and growing this revenue stream through proactive identification of new grant opportunities. This role is responsible for $1.3M in revenue annually.
This role requires an experienced and highly-motivated fundraising professional, a self-starter who is very comfortable and confident in engaging and calling on high net worth individuals and organizations. S/he will have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment, successfully working independently and as a team member to create and implement major gifts and foundation fundraising strategies and reach agreed financial goals. Must be a strong writer and communicator. An interest in music and its performance as well as art and the public mission of museums is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree Advanced degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser, including success in closing 6-figure
- Well-honed skills in developing and successfully implementing long-term donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Advanced writing skills required.
- Experience with fundraising databases, in particular
- Experience with planned giving
- Experience in an arts organization strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in music and the visual and performing arts preferred.