AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 12/05/22 Company: Avow
The Database Specialist serves an important role and must be organized, give great attention to detail and be cognizant of the time sensitive goals of the department and applicable tax laws. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of gift processing principles and practices and IRS standards; mastery of RE; and high levels of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, organization and familiarity with the goals and of objectives of Avow Foundation and the executive leadership team.
The Database Specialist must be honest, trustworthy and abide by strict guidelines, must have an even disposition and be able to deal effectively and politely with all constituent groups.
· Detect noncompliance with data entry and management best practices and rectify as appropriate.
· Expedite Raiser’s Edge (RE) data entry to ensure accurate and timely gift processing. Prepare donor gift acknowledgements, pledge agreements and invoices, and other gift related correspondence.
· Provide analysis of data and report findings.
· Develop and maintain a training guide including written policies, procedures and guidelines for all essential department functions and practices to ensure compliance and consistency.
· Oversee all aspects of administration of the RE database.
· Assists in the selection and creation of donor criteria for mailings and appeals.
· Prepare queries, reports, imports and exports in RE to support organizational needs.
· Assist in the design and implementation of programs such as: dashboards, prospect research, event module and planned giving modules in RE.
· Provide staff with guidance and training in the set-up of dashboards, reports and homepage in RE NXT. · Provide recommendations for possible add-on modules to RE that would be beneficial to Avow.
· Provide tutoring and mentorship to other staff members in any advanced training received in RE.
· Monitor IRS guidelines as they relate to policy changes at Avow ensuring compliance in all regulatory areas.
· Assist in updating Avow policies/procedures according to IRS guidelines/changes.
· Lead efforts to assure that creation and processing of donation appeals are processed timely.
· Participate in capital campaign implementation in support of donor research and reporting as required.
· Manage the RE database ensuring the highest level of integrity and security of information.
· Liaison between Avow and Blackbaud and other professional consultants in fundraising.
· Responsible for processing monthly donation revenues and reconciliation with finance department.
· Work with senior management in support of required and requested board reports.
· Ensure compliance with HIPAA, JCAHO, human resource, safety and all regulatory policies as set forth by Avow.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
We embrace change and are always looking at creative ways to solve problems and serve new populations.
We are honest, hardworking, fiscally responsible professionals driven solely by the well-being of our patients, their loved ones, and the communities we serve.
We know we cannot achieve everything we want without working hand-in-hand with each other, with our healthcare partners, and with the community.
We believe in the importance of celebrating life and relationships.
We believe it is important not only to serve the community but to educate community members about our services and the role we can play at the end of life.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Five years or more of related database management/data entry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
The Database Specialist oversees the administration of the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database and all associated products used for the management of donor data and the processing of philanthropic gifts. S/he Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in collaboration with accounting and leadership. The specialist will have excellent problem-solving skills and customer service skills as well as a keen attention to detail.
Advanced typing/keyboarding skills, data entry experience and knowledge of varied software programs required. Proficiency in preparing professional e-mail and other written communications, and familiarity with online giving platforms and credit card processing services required.
Ability to read, write and comprehend in English. Professional writing and proof-reading skills for donor and staff communications including solicitations, action reporting in RE, annual appeals and reports. Math Skills: Above average math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages/fractions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Florida driver’s license. CFRE a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is only a summary of our employee benefits; it is subject to change.
- Medical insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP w/HSA
- Supplemental Benefits (hospital confinement, accident and/or cancer)
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance (company paid)
- Long term care insurance (company paid)
- Retirement savings plan (TSA/403(b) matching program)
- Short and long term disability insurance (company paid)
- LegalShield (identity protection and more)
- Bereavement leave for family and pets
- Direct deposit
- Credit union availability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- In-house continuing education opportunities
- Discounted membership at local area Fitness Center
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other employer-sponsored activities
To lean more, please visit: https://avowcares.org/careers/