AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Capital Campaign Director
Post Date: 01/11/23 Company: STARability Foundation, Inc.
The STARability Foundation Supports people with disabilities by providing life-transforming opportunities that emphasize Teamwork and connection to the community to build Awareness and Respect for individual abilities. STARability serves individuals with intellectual and developmental challenges in Southwest Florida, where we provide lifelong support and opportunities. STARability opens up a whole calendar of engaging activities with innovative and creative programs that focus on continuing education, teamwork, and community involvement.
Position Summary: The Capital Campaign Director is a multi-faceted role that reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and works closely with the Chief Philanthropy Officer (CPO), the Capital Campaign Consultants, the Capital Campaign Cabinet, and the STARability Board of Directors in carrying out a broad-based fundraising plan targeting individuals, corporations, and foundations to support the Campaign. The Director keeps the Campaign on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum that engenders a sense of excitement, optimism, and confidence in achieving the campaign goal.
- reports to the CEO and serves as a member of the management team.
- is an integral member of the development team, working closely with the CPO and collaboratively with corporate sponsors, major gifts, planned gifts, individual giving, research, foundation relations, and events staff.
- maintains regular communication with the CEO, committees, consultants, and volunteers associated with the capital campaign.
- interacts and collaborates daily with the CPO.
- may supervise an assistant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Capital Campaign Management
- Serves as the Primary Point of Contact for the Campaign
- Meets weekly with the Campaign Advisor(s)
- Implements, manages, and reports on all Capital Campaign functions
- Develops and manages Campaign prospect lists, including research and tracking
- Assists with recruiting, training, and managing Campaign volunteers
- Schedules and supports Campaign and donor meetings
- Manages the Campaign budget
- Plans and executes Campaign related events
Capital Campaign Strategy and Planning
- Implements the strategy and planning of the Campaign.
- Conducts prospect identification and research to gather information about people (both new prospects and current donors).
- Maintains an updated list of naming opportunities.
Donor Cultivation, Meeting, and Solicitation Work
- Develops and executes cultivation and solicitation plans.
- Works with the CEO and members of the Campaign Committee and Board to cultivate prospects and to schedule meetings with prospective donors. Maintains momentum for donor meetings by encouraging proactive outreach by Campaign leaders.
- Prepares materials needed for major donor meetings. Customizes materials, keeps them updated and organized, and prepares packages of materials for Campaign donor meetings.
- Follows up from major donor meetings to ensure actions are recorded and implemented.
Capital Campaign Committee Work
- Schedules Campaign committee meetings and makes sure all necessary material is organized and available at the meeting.
- Attends each Campaign meeting, keeps accurate notes from meetings, coordinates meeting follow-up and provides notes for CEO and Campaign leadership.
Gift Acknowledgment and Tracking
- Ensures that every Campaign gift and pledge is managed seamlessly, including prompt donor acknowledgement.
- Makes sure that each Campaign gift is credited appropriately in the donor database, noting any on-going pledge payments and reminders.
Communications and Public Relations Planning
- Works with the Campaign committee to develop and execute a communication plan for donors and a public relations/communications plan for the general public - - to keep the Campaign visible and to maintain its momentum.
- Collaborates with marketing staff to develop Capital Campaign print, web, and social media communications materials.
- Supports the CEO, Campaign leadership and Consultants in planning and implementing any public funding strategy.
- Plans and implements cultivation and recognition events.
Capital Campaign Reporting
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for the CEO and the Capital Campaign Cabinet.
- Coordinates with the other development staff and committees to make sure that all contact with Campaign donors is coordinated so as not to conflict with the Star Gala committee meetings or other operating fundraising and volunteer efforts.
The Capital Campaign Director is a proven leader, dynamic self-starter and meticulous multi-tasker capable of organizing and managing the key functions of STARability’s Capital Campaign. S/he will be a mid-to-senior level development director or manager with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in development, advancement, or fundraising. Capital campaign experience strongly preferred. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to master the donor database and reporting software (Bloomerang)
- A passion for the mission of STARability
- Ability to function and excel on a team
- Superior customer service experience and skills, including positivity, friendliness, tact, sound judgment, and a love of working with people
- Competency in multi-tasking, with close attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents
- Comfort in a fast paced, rapidly shifting, and evolving workplace
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising
- Proficiency with prospect research and wealth screening tools
- Experience developing compelling sales/marketing presentations
- Flexibility with work duties assigned and openness to changing organizational priorities
Application & Other Information:
The Capital Campaign Director is a full-time, exempt position, and salary is commensurate with experience. Some weekend and evening work will be required. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and be willing to use a personal vehicle occasionally for work-related events and meetings (reimbursement provided). Some light lifting (up to 20 pounds) and help setting up special events may be required.
The potential candidate must be able to pass a background check. The STARability Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Please email applications to Karen Govern, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, a cover letter, three references and salary requirements.