AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Administrative Assistant: Development
Post Date: 01/19/23 Company: Gulfshore Playhouse
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT: DEVELOPMENT
Gulfshore Playhouse, one of the nation’s finest regional theatres, located in Naples, FL, is seeking a diligent and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant within its Development Team. Join us at this exciting time, as we build our new, state-of-the-art theatre, and usher in a new era of professional theatre in Southwest Florida.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre that exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and is fully under construction on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 362-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible space, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. This is an extraordinarily exciting time for The Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Provide administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer and the Development Team while ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery through all duties:
- Take minutes at all development meetings including development team meetings, development and marketing committee meetings
- Assist in the creation of all acknowledgement letters and other direct mail pieces
- Assist in the tracking of attendance at all meetings and events
- Assist in the preparation of all materials for development meetings
- Track campaign gifts, stewardship meetings, donor engagement activities
- Utilize a variety of software programs: Spektrix, iWave, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Manage the calendars of various development team members as needed – scheduling and confirming meetings with internal and external stakeholders
Assist in the administrative aspects of annual events:
- Annual Gala
- Opening Night Celebrations
- Group Sales Receptions
- Campaign Events
- Other cultivation and stewardship events
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for all events
- Prepare all minutes for event-oriented team meetings
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes of each event
- Reach out to patrons and friends of Gulfshore Playhouse to drive attendance to events (as appropriate and necessary)
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Administrative Assistant: Development will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required, including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
This is an entry level position with a salary of $36,000-$40,000 plus benefits.
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Our company charter: https://www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/.
Please direct cover letter and resume to Kimberly Dye, Chief Advancement Office, email@example.com.