AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Advancement Officer: Corporate and Foundation Relations
Post Date: 02/02/23 Company: Gulfshore Playhouse
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS ADVANCEMENT OFFICER: CORPORATE AND FOUNDATION RELATIONS
Gulfshore Playhouse, one of the nation’s finest regional theatres, located in Naples, FL, is seeking a seasoned, collaborative, and engaging Advancement Officer: Corporate and Foundation Relations. Join us at this exciting time, as we build our new, state-of-the-art theatre, and usher in a new era of professional theatre in Southwest Florida.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for the last seventeen years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and is under construction with the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 362-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible studio theatre, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental spaces. This is an extraordinarily exciting time for The Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth, and the Advancement Officer: Corporate and Foundation Relations will join a highly successful development team.
Gulfshore Playhouse currently offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. Once the new Baker Theatre and Education Center is complete, the offerings will increase both in number and size of the productions. This will include everything from small, edgy dramas, to huge large-cast musicals, and everything in between. As a member of the League of Resident Theatres (LORT) the Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre that exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: July 1, 2023
The Advancement Officer: Corporate and Foundation Relations will report directly to the Chief Advancement Officer and will:
- Build relationships with external corporate and foundation funders through visits, correspondence, and regular communication – for both annual support and in support of the “Next Stage Campaign”
- Develop individualized strategies for corporate and foundation prospects and donors
- Expand the organization’s relationships with dining and lodging partners and other corporations
- Conduct research to identify corporate and foundation prospects, for both the organization as a whole and for specific programs and projects that align with the strategic direction of Gulfshore Playhouse
- With the Chief Advancement Officer, define goals, objectives, and metrics for the Corporate and Foundation Relations program
- Oversee the writing of grants, grant management and deliverables to funders, including federal, state and local granting agencies, community foundations, family foundations
- With the Chief Advancement Officer, enhance relationships with federal, state, regional and city legislative partners
- Conduct sponsorship solicitations of all fundraising events
- Plan and execute appropriate events for corporate partners
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn and ensure high-quality work in corporate and foundation relations and excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Advancement Officer: Corporate and Foundation Relations will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights and show performances, Campaign events, other special events and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
A Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent record of professional achievement and qualifications with demonstrated success.
- A minimum of five years of a proven track record of success in the development field
- Preferably at least three of those years will include experience working in corporate and foundation fundraising and/or grant writing and grant management
- Demonstrated experience securing major gift commitments and developing relationships with corporations and foundations
- Experience preparing timely, accurate, and comprehensive written reports and presentations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Highly collaborative individual
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills –written and verbal – with internal and external audiences
- Advanced written communications, analytical skills, collaboration, and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively articulate clear and compelling messages
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and utilize fundraising databases, software, and Internet search engines to identify funding prospects
- Excellent organizational, planning, tracking and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment with changing priorities and limited resources
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers benefits that increase along with tenure, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan, and paid vacation and sick leave.