AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Administrative Assistant to President/CEO
Post Date: 02/24/23 Company: Naples Botanical Garden
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Outlook, including complex internal and external scheduling
- Creating meeting requests/invitations, collecting RSVPs, making follow-up calls, and providing RSVP lists
- Creating, formatting, merging, and printing documents, envelopes, etc.
- Preparing agenda packets for Board and Committee meetings
- Preparing/editing PowerPoint presentations
- Proficient at Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom
- Must have experience planning business travel
- Monitor President’s email and phone, and respond accordingly
- Schedule meetings that involve the President, including all info on the Outlook calendar such as location (or virtual), topic, participants, directions & parking, etc.
- Confirm attendance through email, phone calls, Outlook calendar responses and/or GoogleDocs; collect RSVPs, format a list, and forward to meeting leader 2 days prior
- Reserve meeting space and catering if needed
- Prepare and distribute materials needed in advance (agendas, pre-reading) and at time of meeting
- Greet and provide hospitality
- Schedule meetings and connect using Zoom/Teams. Serve as Host and delegate Co-Hosts as needed
- Run PowerPoint slides, videos, etc., and switch between documents and websites during meeting
- Schedule meetings that involve many internal staff and create meeting notices. Same, involving several outside contacts
- Update and add Contacts and Groups
- Email merges
- Registration for conferences
- Set up meetings at destinations
- Book transportation and accommodations
- Preparation of overall itinerary
- Complete & submit expense reports and payment requests
- Build and track various lists of contacts
- Coordinate the President’s contacts, dates & activities for outside Boards, committees, etc.
- Update and format Board of Director documents including: Contact Lists, Committee Lists, Schedule, Board Book (for new Board members), Minutes, Agendas, Meeting packets
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays, Long -Short Term Disability, PTO, Garden Perks.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A pre-employment background check required.
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability.