AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Safety and Security Associate
Post Date: 02/24/23 Company: Naples Botanical Garden
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
This is an integral position in the operations department responsible for the safety and security of our visitors and staff. This position is responsible for assisting the Safety and Security Manager with building and property security and responding to injuries and accidents. This is a full-time position with weekends and holidays required.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to medical emergencies and injury incidents that occur with our visitors and staff.
- Conducts daily hazard inspections.
- Ensure security resources are operational, alarms, cameras, perimeter gates, locks and other security related items.
- Patrol property and identify/resolve security issues.
- Escorts any unwelcome persons from the premises without interrupting normal flow of daily operation.
- Coordinate with sheriff office to file any required trespass.
- Reports to accidents on Garden property relating to vehicles/thefts.
- Provide support for evening events.
- Assist operations in other areas when required.
- Minimum four years of hands-on field experience with building security and safety response.
- Certification in first aid/CPR and Bloodborne pathogen.
- Good computer skills and MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- May stand for long periods of time. Walk and inspect property. Work in extreme temperatures and dirty environment. Lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Drive vehicle or cart. Wildlife encounters.
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Pre-Employment background check required
Benefits: Naples Botanical Garden offers Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Long -Short Term Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO, Garden Perks.
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability.