AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Digital Fundraising and Operations
Post Date: 03/14/23 Company: Champions For Learning
The Director of Digital Fundraising and Operations will develop and implement a comprehensive digital strategy to engage new and existing donors with the goal of converting prospects and retaining donors. The Director will generate ideas and tools to support and develop growth in digital fundraising, the cultivation of donors and the development of online fundraising campaigns. Manage all web and social network fundraising features and work with internal and external resources to generate content.
The Director Digital Fundraising and Operations is also responsible for maintenance and daily operation of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge NXT) for the organization. These responsibilities include but are not limited to monitoring all policies and procedures to ensure the donor database contains accurate information, creating complex queries for reports to meet management’s requests, creating mailing and prospect lists, importing, and exporting data.
The Director will work collaboratively with the Director of Annual Fund and the Director of Marketing and Communications will implement programming for digital campaigns, recurring donations, retention strategies, and other digital fundraising initiatives as they align with the mission of the organization and strategic plan. The Director of Digital Fundraising and Operations will be responsible for analyzing digital fundraising trends, as well as identifying opportunities to engage donors in effective and innovative direct fundraising strategies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Database Operations
- Identify and implement effective digital strategies and make data-driven recommendations for content and digital media tools to increase action-rates for fundraising, web traffic, and subscribers.
- Work to expand and maintain an active and engaged email list: Code effective emails, manage targeted distribution groups, create online forms, landing pages and graphics, and when appropriate, execute paid acquisition campaigns.
- Optimize web-based fundraising efforts through ownership and effective roll-out of online donation mechanisms, strategizing and implementing social media conversion efforts, selecting, and optimizing third party platforms when appropriate, and facilitating online donor retention and stewardship efforts.
- Work collaborative with Director of Marketing and Communications to implement a robust fundraising strategy on public social media platforms, including writing, scheduling, and distributing posts in support of fundraising, marketing, and partner communication efforts, to include monitoring and responding to social media post comments; crafting social media toolkits; soliciting content when needed; and analyzing and recommending effective use of social platforms and new methods of online communications;
- Create monthly metrics reports by monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on web, social media, and email success.
- Manage and maintain peer-to-peer fundraising strategy and implementation.
- Provide support to Director of Annual Fund for direct mail list segmentation to ensure data is accurately recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Uses advanced knowledge of queries, data merges and data output to generate reoccurring and ad-hoc reports to support and enhance Foundation’s fund-raising efforts.
- Establishes and monitors the security access by job function of all CFL staff in Raiser’s Edge. Creates and/or modifies dashboards for staff to use to guide/measure their own essential duties and responsibilities.
- Performs routine data health management activities in Raiser’s Edge and maintains the integrity of donor records by working closely with Database Operations to assure that demographic and gift transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner, thus enhancing donor relations and ensuring appropriate audit trails.
- Assess work performance of Database Operations and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure goals, deadlines and performance standards for Database Operations are met.
- Train and onboard new hires to make sure they understand their roles.
- Ensure performance records and evaluations are complete and appropriately recorded in HR.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Substantial digital fundraising and digital marketing experience, including planning, evaluating, and delivering multi-media and coordinated campaigns with other channels that drive response across PPC (pay-per-click), email, display, re-targeting, and site optimization.
- Proven track record of generating income.
- Proven ability to think and act strategically, planning and evaluating activity and opportunities within the context of the mission and strategic plan. Ability to translate concepts into effective action plans.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in data management within Raiser’s Edge NXT as well as other digital platforms such as email marketing platforms, content management systems, and Google analytics platforms.
- Knowledge of html and css programming for updates to the website.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in online and digital media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Advanced experience in data management in Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Demonstrable experience with email marketing, lead generation and SEO.
To apply, please email resume to Samantha Lapolla, Chief Administrative Officer, at SLapolla@championsforlearning.org