AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Director of Development
Post Date: 04/28/23 Company: Boys & Girls Club Of Collier County
Title: Director of Development
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000 commensurate with experience
The Director of Development is a dynamic and multi-tasking fundraising and communications professional who is responsible for securing significant annual revenue for the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County. The Director of Development, in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, will be expected to develop fundraising strategies focused on engaging, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of donors. The position will implement strategies with an emphasis on outreach with individual, corporate and community donors, and growing revenue from a variety of supporters. The Director of Development will work independently and collaboratively as part of the Resource Development Team. This position has supervisory responsibility.
• Manage a portfolio of individual, corporate donors and community partners; maintain personal contacts and involvement activities for these donors
• Achieve assigned revenue goals by maintaining existing relationships and developing new relationships with current corporate and community
partners, individual donors and peer-to-peer fundraisers while keeping accurate engagement records
• Work in coordination with the Chief Development Officer and marketing firm to design and manage direct marketing efforts focused on messaging
to segmented donors, including multiple direct mail/email appeals annually, regular digital communication and annual report
• Develop and manage individual donor-specific written materials, including solicitations, renewals, stewardship communications, and program
• Supervise Director of Corporate Engagement & Events and provide strategic oversight to include: planning, developing, implementing, and
evaluating fundraising event(s) according to standard methodologies and timelines; ensure revenue goals are met, and moves management
implemented to strengthen corporate engagement efforts
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure successful direct mail and email campaigns
• Assist in the planning and oversight of cultivation, stewardship, and recognition events
• Other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of direct fundraising experience with demonstrated experience engaging directly with donors and employing moves management processes to encourage increased giving. In addition, at least 3 years of successful supervisory experience is required. Candidate will also have the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines, the ability to work independently as well as ability to work outside of standard hours, which involves some evenings and weekends, and believes in teamwork and assisting in developing a positive work environment. Excellent listening skills, including verbal and non-verbal communication, active listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making skills are a must. Knowledge of and experience with databases, especially DonorPerfect, a strong plus.
As a person you are:
• A passionate and high-energy fundraiser— you love building connections through donor cultivation and have versatile development knowledge,
persuasive writing skills and creativity.
• A highly organized and self-motivated leader — you have a track record of measurable successes and have built effective systems that advance
individual and collective goals.
• A collaborative team player — you are eager to support your colleagues across all levels of the organization and offer your expertise and insights
to achieve shared goals.
• A mission and values driven individual— you believe in the power of community to transform the lives of children and are committed to creating
inclusive and empowering spaces for all.
Bachelor’s degree required. CFRE designation a strong plus.
$65,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health, dental, vision insurance; retirement plan with company match; vacation, personal, and holiday paid leave, paid bonus based on performance.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.