AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Chief Executive Officer
Post Date: 04/30/23 Company: Sunlight Home of Collier County
The Chief Executive Officer is a Christian woman who is the key management leadership of Sunlight Home. The CEO is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the faith based non-profit organization. She will be working with abused “at risk” homeless pregnant women and teens in crisis. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
● Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
● Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
● Responsible for preparing a Home Report monthly and presenting it at the monthly Board Meetings,
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
● Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
● Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Sunlight Home’s mission.
● Oversee check disbursements and petty cash.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
● Responsible for implementation of Sunlight Home’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
● Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Sunlight Home can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
● Responsible for the enhancement of Sunlight Home’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
● Responsible effective administration of Sunlight Home’s operations including implementation and management of both maternity and transitional programs with long term residents.
● Responsible for evaluation of prospective residents, intake process, implementation of Resident Policies and Procedures, and Resident Case Plans.
● Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff with Board approval.
● Responsible for complying with all FACCA Member requirements to maintain accreditation, inspections, training for staff, attendance of conferences, as well as Annual State Non-Profit Filings .
● Responsible for local fire and health annual inspections and complying with recommendations
● A bachelor’s degree or comparable education and experience with 5 or more years senior nonprofit management experience
● Solid hands-on budget. management skills, analysis, decision-making and reporting
● Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
● Ability to convey a vision of Sunlight Home’s strategic future to staff volunteers and donors
● Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to Sunlight Home’s nonprofit sector
● Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Strong Computer and Technology skills
● Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
● Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
● Strong public speaking ability
Actual Day to Day Job Responsibilities:
1. Following employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of Sunlight Home.
2. Resident case management, including compliance with house rules and schedules, regular one-on-one case management sessions, coordinating outside appointments, such as healthcare appointments, mental health counseling education and transportation, birth and parenting classes, hygiene, financial management classes, calendar management, detailed resident and case management record keeping
3. Serving as Sunlight Home’s primary spokesperson to the media and the general public.
4. Volunteer recruitment, training and management
5. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations, such as local pregnancy centers, churches, civil service groups and such and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Sunlight Home’s Mission.
6. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of Sunlight Home throughout the State.
7. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
8. Strategic planning and implementation.
9. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.