Post Date: 05/24/18 Company: Rise and Bless
Rise and Bless was founded in 2017 after our founder, Dr. Assana Gampine, discovered the harsh conditions many impoverished rural African women have to go through to make it possible for the world to enjoy shea butter, a phenomenal product that touches virtually every aspect of human life, a highly coveted ingredient in cosmetics and confectionary food products. Rise and Bless is an organization bringing 2 cultures together to work for mutual benefits. If you are passionate about empowering impoverished women in Africa and here in South West Florida, if helping reduce climate change is dear to your heart, if eradicating hunger and poverty is music to your ears, if you would like to see SPA facilities gain access to a sustainable supply of a magical ingredient skin care ingredient, then you belong in our team. This position is going to help transform the seemingly impossible to possible and make the world a better place.
The mission of Rise and Bless is to help impoverished women rise out of poverty by leveraging the power of the shea tree. Rise and Bless is funded by grants, voluntary gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations, as well as well as sales of goods and services online.
Rise and Bless completed a strategic review for its organizational development plan. That review highlighted the organization’s critical need to employ a Development Director – a new position. The role will provide leadership and vision for Rise and Bless activities, including philanthropic initiatives, including translating its recently developed plan into measurable goals, objectives, and outcomes. The Development Director will report to the President and work in conjunction with the Executive Team in the areas of fundraising, public relations, marketing and sales. The position is full-time and will include weekend and evening hours, given its interaction with volunteers, as well as national and community leaders. The Development Director must have strong communication, leadership, teamwork, and fundraising skills, a steadfast work ethic and be able to travel nationally and, occasionally, internationally.
Works with the President in the areas of fundraising, public relations, marketing and sales in the organization’s mission:
- Responsible for helping lead Rise and Bless in a manner that supports and guides the organization's direction and mission.
- Responsible for helping the President by providing all information necessary to make informed
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization:
- Responsible for supporting the development of annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization in the areas of fundraising, public relations, marketing and sales.
- Responsible for supporting fiscal management that anticipates development and volunteer programs to operate within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position in the areas of fundraising, public relations, marketing and sales
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Rise and Bless’s
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through strategy and planning.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Rise and Bless image by being active and visible among local business leaders, national corporations, and with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for moving forward and expanding appropriately upon strategic plans to ensure that Rise and Bless can successfully fulfill its mission into the
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff within the areas of fundraising, public relations, and development areas of Rise and Bless.
- A bachelor’s degree and five or more years of development and fundraising experience;
- Transparent and high integrity leadership and a style that motivates people to work hard while having fun;
- Solid, proven budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting;
- Strong organizational abilities including collaborating, planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation;
- Five or more years experience in professional fundraising/development to include applied knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations with foundations, individuals, corporations, and other sources;
- Experience, interest and a proven track record with major gift fundraising;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and appropriate self-confidence and maturity so as to effectively communicate Rise and Bless’s vision at all levels and across organizational lines in a manner inspiring to staff, board, donors and volunteers;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff with a “hands-on” orientation to the workplace and supervision, and the humility to be willing to take on any task at any
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and operate annual budget.
- Implement and evolve the strategic plan for Rise and Bless in the areas of fundraising, public relations, marketing and sales, evaluating existing programs, recommending new offerings consistent with the mission and vision of Rise and Bless.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures in the areas of fundraising, public relations, or key functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization learning, modeling, and adhering to the values of Rise and Bless.
- Serve as an Rise and Bless spokesperson to the nonprofit community, the media and the general public, to position and strengthen Rise and Bless’s name recognition and reputation in the community.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout Florida and the nation and utilize these to strategically enhance the mission of Rise and Bless.
- Identifying potential donors and otherwise increase the overall visibility of Rise and Bless.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with a wide variety of constituencies including current and potential donors, foundations and government sources, local businesses and community partners.
- Oversee fundraising efforts and, in time, engage other professional fundraisers in seeking annual, major, campaign and planned gifts.
SALARY AND APPLICATION DETAILS
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Please send resume, salary requirements, along with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org.