Volunteer Experience Manager
Post Date: 06/26/18 Company: Grace Place for Children & Families
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Engagement and Recruitment
- Establish community relationships with churches, schools, civic and service organizations in order to recruit volunteers
Volunteer Engagement and Retention
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers.
- Ensure that volunteers are provided with training and supervision to be successful in their positions.
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer acknowledgments to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization.
- Manage a volunteer database
- Ensure successful placement and scheduling of all volunteers
- Assist program managers in the scheduling of all volunteers
- Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed and records of volunteer hours are maintained
Special Event Planning
- Assist in the coordinating of volunteer needs for organization-wide events such as Back- to-School Supplies, Christmas Parties, Graduation, Family Literacy Days, etc.
- Engage community groups to volunteer at special events
High School Service Learning
- Facilitate relationships with local High Schools to promote Grace Place.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years’ experience in and educational or service organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, use of the internet and basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional, confidential, honest, and reliable person
- Good sense of diplomacy.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to work independently
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org