AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Chief Advancement Officer
Post Date: 06/21/23 Company: The Immokalee Foundation
Chief Advancement Officer - (based in Naples, Florida)
The Immokalee Foundation is a non-profit organization in Immokalee and Naples, Florida, focusing on providing a wide range of educational pathways to the youth of Immokalee. The Immokalee Foundation operates its own programs and partners with other organizations to bring state-wide and national programs to Immokalee and distributes scholarship funding to college and technical-school bound students. All Immokalee Foundation programs are administered according to an empowerment model that requires students to achieve and maintain high standards to take advantage of the opportunities offered by The Foundation.
The Immokalee Foundation empowers the youth of Immokalee to discover desirable, high-demand professional careers in Southwest Florida through exploration and training, collaboration with industry leaders and educational partners, and career-centric academies and programs, to ensure each student gains financial independence in a satisfying professional career.
The Chief Advancement Officer will design and implement a comprehensive institutional advancement program and recruit and develop talented team members focused on the goal of significantly increasing constituent involvement and fundraising outcomes. The CAO manages both fundraising services and fundraising development operations. Fundraising services functions include wealth engine research, report generation, gift processing, and database management. Fundraising development functions include marketing and communications, grant-seeking and management, corporate relations, event management, major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned-giving.
This position will be located in Naples, Florida.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be passionate about the values of The Immokalee Foundation and its mission of Building Pathways of Success to the Children of Immokalee.
- Work closely with the CEO/President in all phases of advancement activities.
- Work closely with the CEO/President and keep close working relationships with members of the Board and key constituents.
- Maintain a dynamic portfolio of high-net-worth individuals and secure major, capital, and planned gifts, as well as advanced annual gifts.
- Participate in strategic discussions and develop programs to strengthen the organization's financial resources.
- Work together with staff to execute fundraising, marketing and communication plans that use best practices in annual, major, event, planned, and capital gift programs to meet fundraising goals and organizational advancement.
- Increase donor retention, engagement, and giving through the fundraising gift cycle by leading with donor-centric moves management fundraising.
- Conduct quantitative and wealth engine research and participate in qualitative field research studies.
- Ensure dynamic processes in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Prepare for the upcoming campaign through comprehensive and effective campaign planning and execution.
- Hire, train, inspire and guide direct reports and the entire advancement team through the planning process and toward accountable goal outcomes.
- Embody values of caring, compassion, justice, integrity, competence, and affirmation.
- Treat members of the advancement operations with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- All other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree, CFRE and postgraduate degrees preferred.
- Five plus years of successful experience in senior advancement positions and major gift fundraising.
- Exemplary people skills are essential as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated volunteers and donors.
- The successful candidate will display a record of leadership and accomplishment in advancement with a proven track-record of fundraising success, especially with campaign planning/execution and in major gift solicitations.
- Strong organizational, supervisory, and leadership capabilities are needed. The successful candidate will document the successful solicitation of major and principal gifts and present a history of building advancement programs and fundraising performance.
- Knowledgeable of empirical and wealth engine research and qualitative field research studies. Experience with Raisers Edge and iWave Systems technology is preferred.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Successful experience in making cold calls and developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Please submit your resume to Noemi.Perez@immokaleefoundation.org