AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 06/21/23 Company: Family Promise of South Sarasota County - Venice, FL
Family Promise of South Sarasota County is seeking a Development Associate (DA) to support our fundraising efforts. Join an organization where we help children, and their families get back on their feet and provide resources for families to achieve lasting independence. Our mission is to provide housing support to children and their families in South Sarasota County. Our vision Is to provide comprehensive services to ensure children and their families achieve lasting self-sufficiency.
We are an affiliate of Family Promise National based in New Jersey. At a national level, Family Promise exists to ensure that homelessness for children is rare, brief, and nonrecurring. Family Promise was established in the 1980’s and has since then expanded across the US with over 200 separate affiliates. Locally, Family Promise of South Sarasota County exists to serve families experiencing a housing crisis in Englewood, North Port, Venice, Nokomis, and Osprey. We opened our doors to the South Sarasota community in 2015. Since we opened, we have been grateful for the opportunity we have had to serve hundreds of local families.
The DA is responsible for all administrative aspects of marketing, development and communications activities for the organization’s offices and execution of its mission. Additionally, the DA is responsible for supporting fund development and communications and participating in planning and carrying out all fundraising activities.
Please visit our website at https://familypromisessc.org/who-we-are/#staff-board to read the job description in full.
- 1 or more years of Nonprofit Development/Marketing experience.
- Passion for the community and mission.
- Experience organizing and coordinating events.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong administrative and coordination skills; must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player; active listener; and, at ease with a wide range of donors and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated high level of customer service skills, focusing on donors.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office, databases, and Google G-Suite applications. EveryAction experience a plus.
Location of position: 850 Cockrill St, Venice, Fl. 34285
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience ($55,000 – $63,000). Overtime eligible.
To apply, please submit:
- Resume/CV plus cover email/letter
- Three references
Submit Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position in the coming weeks. Candidates are asked to submit their material as soon as possible.
Family Promise of South Sarasota County is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, our families and children, guests, and members of our community.