AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Individual Gifts & Events Officer: Development Team SIGN-ON BONUS/RECENTLY ENHANCED ROLE!
Post Date: 06/27/23 Company: David Lawrence Centers For Behavioral Health
LOCAL OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT LIFE-CHANGING HEALTH & WELLNESS!
~ NEWLY ENHANCED POSITION ~
~ SIGN-ON BONUS & TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM ~
Welcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 315,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year.
Individual Gifts & Events Officer: Administration Team [Position # 1113]
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, this position will manage donor prospects, nurture current relationships and advance DLC's mission. It is an opportunity to represent our Charter across the community as well as educate individuals on the impact their philanthropy will have on the present and future success of DLC programs.
- Working collaboratively with DLC's Development and Marketing Teams.
- Managing a designated portfolio to identify new donors while cultivating relationships with existing donors.
- Developing/implementing/managing DLC's mid-level donor program:
~ Individuals in the $500-$5,000 giving range, about 150 donors
~ Setting goals and budgets with VP of Advancement
~ Coordinating with Marketing Team for mid-level program communications
~ Qualifying potential donors to move to major gift level
~ Working with Development Officer to smoothly transition any qualified donors
- Establishing short-term and long-term cultivation/solicitation/stewardship strategies for multiple contribution tiers.
- Collaborating with DLC's Development Coordinator to manage program reporting for activities/results/goals/objectives.
- Maintaining accurate and thorough records, contact reports, and background data to preserve institutional memory and facilitate program-based performance evaluation.
- Complying with company policies, state/ federal laws, and all safety rules and regulations for self and others.
- Supporting coordination for DLC's signature, cultivation and stewardship events plus community engagement activities.
- Other duties as requested by VP of Advancement.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR ELITE ADMINISTRATION TEAM:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (marketing, advertising, communications, etc.) from accredited institution = Strongly Preferred But Not Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent = Required
- Three to five years of successful experience in fundraising or related position such as marketing or communications required = Required
- Professional yet call-to-action communication skills through all channels = Required
- Experience in building long-term relationships and the ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors = Strongly Preferred.
- Exceptional execution of time and information management with a focus on critical detail and task prioritization = Required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment = Required
- Professional poise in a fast-paced environment with sound resource utilization = Required
- A genuine interest in and passion for DLC's mission = Required
- Valid Florida Driver's License and clean driving record = Required
- Microsoft Office 365/Teams/Video Conferencing = Required
- Raisers Edge or similar software = Preferred
- Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required
- Ability to pass a Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprinting, Drug Screen and Local Criminal Check = Required
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time Salaried/Exempt position
~ Target Hours: Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM & Friday 8AM-3PM
~ Occasional Night/Weekend hours needed for events
~ Local Travel Required
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive compensation include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
~ Extensive Tuition/Licensure Reimbursement Plans
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact Recruiter Beth Poulin directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.