Post Date: 07/11/18 Company: Ear Research Foundation (EARRF)
Ear Research Foundation (EARRF – www.earrf.org). EARRF was established in Sarasota, Florida by President and Founder, Dr. Herbert Silverstein. The Foundation was created out of his desire to continue research and development, and to contribute to medical education in a private setting. A board of volunteer Trustees drawn from the community governs the Foundation. A medical advisory board of specialists from around the world lends guidance and support.
Research and Development: Under the auspices of the Foundation, research continues advancements in microsurgery of the ear, the testing of new drugs and therapies for hearing loss and balance disorders, and new understanding of otologic disease processes.
Education: In addition to publications and lectures resulting from research initiatives, the Foundation maintains a complete microsurgical laboratory, and an audiovisual and scientific library for ear physicians and surgeons. Annual professional symposia, conferences and public lectures are offered covering a variety of common and unusual ear conditions. The Foundation also produces numerous free brochures and other informational media.
Over forty physicians have been trained in a one-year, post residency, fellowship training program. Many of the graduates are in academic medicine and leaders in the field of Otology and Neurotology. Also, fifteen residents from the University of Pennsylvania have trained through sponsorship from the Ear Research Foundation at Florida Ear and Sinus Center. One of these residents, Todd Rowan, M.D., advanced to the post-graduate fellowship program.
EARRF has retained us to recruit and place a skilled Executive Director with them.
The Executive Director for the Ear Research Foundation is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, public relations, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and currently oversees two part-time support employees and team of volunteers.
· Fiscal/Operations - Manage day-to-day operations of the Ear Research Foundation. Implement strategic plans, based on analytics, projections and financials. Develop budget and manage finances including receivables and payables, bank accounts, investment accounts, credit cards, finance software and reports. Work with CPA to complete an annual audit. Ensure all required legal and financial filings and reports are timely completed.
· Staff & Volunteer Management - Build a high-performing team and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing a best-in-class staff and volunteer support base.
· Board Relations - Work with the Ear Research Foundation board to create policy, establish and implement goals, and lead mission and vision of the organization. Manage quarterly board meetings including scheduling, agendas, reports, minutes, and follow up on business as assigned.
· Development - In conjunction with Board, develop, coordinate, and implement an annual fundraising plan. Identify, cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential donors. Coordinate and implement annual fundraising events. Regularly update and maintain Foundation database and individual donor files. Prepare grant proposals and reports for corporate, foundation and government funders.
· Community Outreach - Develop and update website, e-newsletter, social media and collateral materials. Maintain organization information and coordinate participation in community giving programs. Coordinate involvement in community health fairs. Identify and implement cost-effective ways to deliver programs to clients. Plan and implement educational seminars and community education events for the public including physician lectures at office or in community. Assemble information kits for the clinic, events, courses and meetings.
· Program Management - Coordinate and implement Physician CME Training Courses and Conferences. Promote and recruit for Fellowship position annually. Schedule interview and process contracts. Ensure completion of credentialing.
- The Ear Research Foundation Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to organization’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, management, fundraising, and coaching experience.
- College degree, with at least 5 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff with specific examples of having developed and implemented successful
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) is a plus.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Solid marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
This is a full-time salaried position based in Sarasota, FL. EARRF offers a very competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
EARRF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter (Word documents only, please) to:
Owner / Manager
Management Recruiters – Mid Hudson Valley