DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Post Date: 07/17/18 Company: David Lawrence Center
LOCAL SENIOR MANAGEMENT POSITION TO ENSURE LIFE-CHANGING WELLNESS!
Welcome to David Lawrence Center (DLC), where we restore and rebuild lives with the help of the industry's most skilled professionals.
Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders.
Serving adults, children and families, this year, more than 225,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services will be provided.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (Position # 354, Posting # 710)
DLC is looking to select a committed, charismatic and community-connected Director of Development to oversee a variety of activities including fundraising, events, constituent relations and major gifts.
This position requires superior knowledge of all aspects related to charitable fundraising and a motivated individual to hit targets and drive success.
- Responsible for planning, developing and maintaining a comprehensive fundraising program on behalf of DLC.
- Enhancing DLC’s mission and vision established by the Board of Directors.
- Supervising staff in the areas of donor development, constituent relations, solicitation of foundation grants, special events, and planned giving.
- Serving as the primary staff resource to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- In conjunction with DLC’s CEO and the Development Committee, drafting the Strategic Plan for Development, setting goals and ensuring plans are carried out effectively to attain goals in a timely fashion.
- Working closely with the CEO and other members of Executive Management to ensure activities of the Development Department are coordinated with DLC’s Strategic Plan and that DLC leadership is there to support and enhance the efforts of the Development Department.
- Engaging with the community-at-large to help educate and communicate the critically important, life-saving services that DLC provides.
TO BECOME THE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in a Business, Marketing or Communications discipline = Required
- Three-plus years of results-driven supervisory experience = Required
- Five-plus years (10+ preferred) of progressively responsible experience and success in the following = Required
- Donor development
- Constituent relations
- Direct solicitation of major gifts
- Overseeing both annual and capital campaigns
- Corporate sponsorships
- Foundation grants
- Special events
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of donors, colleagues, agencies and community leaders = Required
- Exceptional skills in organization (both time and information) = Required
- Solid computer skills in Raiser’s Edge = Preferred
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION:
- Full-Time position
~ Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
~ Fundraisers and other events on occasional nights/weekends
- COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include:
~ Exciting 401(k) w/ Employer Match
~ Employer Paid Life/AD&D
~ 3 Weeks of Paid Leave & 10 Paid Holidays
~ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
~ Diverse discounts with local businesses
~ DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives
DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC’s work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need.
Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards life-changing wellness to achieve what is possible!
If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, contact HR Generalist/Recruiter Beth Terron via 239-354-1482 or BethT@DLCMHC.Com.
You may also directly apply by visiting WWW.DavidLawrenceCenter.Org and accessing our Careers Page.