AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 07/25/23 Company: Hermitage Artist Retreat
The Hermitage is seeking a candidate who is enthusiastic about the organization’s mission: to inspire and foster the most influential and culturally consequential art and artists of our time. The successful candidate should be passionate about having a role in a fast-paced, energized, and rapidly growing arts organization that is looking to make a significant and sustainable impact in both our community and the national artistic landscape.
The job requires a high standard of excellence in oral and written communication skills; strong writing, data entry, and proofreading skills are essential. This role requires exceptional organizational abilities, careful attention to detail, and the ability to balance a steady stream of deadline-oriented projects. This will be a full-time, on-site position in Sarasota County, Florida, working closely among a team of passionate and driven professionals. The Hermitage offers a competitive salary and a full benefits program including medical, dental, vision and an IRA match.
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is a multi-disciplinary artist retreat uniquely serving artists, the creative process, and the community. The mission of the Hermitage is to inspire and foster the most influential and culturally consequential art and artists of our time. Located on a nine-acre beachfront campus in Manasota Key at the southern tip of Sarasota County, Florida, we provide diverse and accomplished artists with multi-week residencies to create new works of art, theater, music, literature, and more. Hermitage Fellows have frequently described their experiences as “life-changing” and “transformative,” regularly noting that they accomplish more in any two weeks at the Hermitage than they otherwise might in two years. The award-winning original works created at the Hermitage are presented in renowned concert halls, theaters, museums, and galleries throughout our region and across the globe. In addition to the unique and invaluable experience we provide to artists, we take pride in our complementary missions of historic preservation, ecological restoration, and dynamic community engagement. The Hermitage is the only major arts organization in Florida’s Gulf Coast region exclusively committed to supporting the development and creation of new works across all artistic disciplines.
Artistic Director and CEO: Andy Sandberg
Managing Director: Stacia Lee
Development Director: Amy Wallace
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Coordinator serves as a key support role to further the mission and goals of the Hermitage Artist Retreat. The Development Coordinator provides comprehensive day-to-day administrative support for the development function, with a focus on gift processing, program registration processing and daily reporting, and the maintenance of the organization’s Salesforce database. This position will also support calendar and fiscal year end appeals, cross train on event management, and management of email lists, in addition to other special projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; strong writing, data entry, and proofreading skills are essential.
- Careful attention to detail, professionalism, and a thirst for continued growth and learning.
- Passion for the Hermitage Artist Retreat’s mission, vision, and values.
- Strong administrative and coordination skills; must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize long-term and short-term projects , and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player; an active listener; at ease with a wide range of donors, constituents, and backgrounds.
- Resilience in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Reliable and resourceful; takes initiative with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Proven abilities to follow-up and follow through on tasks and service to customers, bringing requests and issues to full resolution.
- Pursuit of excellence in all fields of work.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite applications. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed, in support of artist programs and special events on campus and throughout our region.
- Proven ability to handle discreet and confidential information.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot basic office equipment and to quickly understand/utilize technical systems and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent.
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, artists, guests, and members of our community.
Location of position: The Hermitage Artist Retreat on Manasota Key, Sarasota County, Florida
Salary and benefits: Salary commensurate with experience, with a $40,000 – $50,000. Benefits plan includes medical, dental, and vision, plus an IRA match. A relocation bonus may be provided, as appropriate.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover Letter
- Three References
Submit Applications to: Jobs@HermitageArtistRetreat.org
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. Interested candidates are asked to submit their materials promptly.
Please visit the website Jobs | (hermitageartistretreat.org) to learn more about the details of the position.