AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Individual Giving Officer
Post Date: 08/20/23 Company: Naples Botanical Garden
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Position Summary: The Individual Giving Officer manages a portfolio of 100–150 current donors and prospects. The position cultivates and stewards relationships in a donor-centric manner. They articulate the Garden’s mission, activities, and fundraising priorities. Individual Giving Officers are responsible for soliciting donors with appropriate asks and for making personal acknowledgment efforts once gifts arrive. They work across all Garden departments to include the appropriate project-specific staff members in donor cultivation and stewardship. This is not a hybrid position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages portfolio of 100–150 donors and prospects.
- Solicits gifts primarily at $25,000 and above. Gift officer should be prepared for discussions of pledges, planned gifts, gifts of stock and securities, and seek counsel when needed.
- Takes responsibility for setting appointments for 1:1 visits with donors and recording appropriate notes in CRM system providing follow up to the donor.
- Develops personalized proposals based on Garden’s fundraising priorities and matches them to specific donors with aligned interests.
- Actively qualifies new prospects in portfolio and regularly retires those who no longer need dedicated assignment.
- Develops collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Garden and schedules donor meetings and tours with appropriate staff as needed.
- Supports and attends events and connects with donors to further relationships.
- Uses CRM system for recording appropriate information on donors and activity as well as uses the system’s analytic capabilities to further qualify donors.
- Serves as an industry-leading resource to other Garden and/or Museum professionals through informal means and/or formal association memberships.
- Ensures all team members are always representing the Garden in an appropriate manner.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Obtain RE NXT Fundamentals certification within 90 days of hire. Training provided.
- Three years of development experience with history of soliciting major gifts from individuals.
- Proven experience with high value donors and prospects.
- Experience building an annual plan for a portfolio.
- Exceptional active listening skills, communication skills, including written, interpersonal, and in public.
- Evenings and weekend work is periodically required for events and/or donor meetings.
- Good computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Outlook, and use of web browsers.
- Gardening or Arts and Culture experience helpful but not required.
- May stand for long periods of time, bending and kneeling.
- Work in fluctuating temperatures.
- Work indoors and outdoors.
- Lift and carry objects up to 10 pounds on a regular basis.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Pre-Employment background check required.
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan with matching
- Long -Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Garden Perks
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability.
Please click on the link below to apply: