AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Post Date: 09/18/23 Company: Youth Haven
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
ABOUT YOUTH HAVEN: Youth Haven’s mission is to provide home, hope and healing to abused and neglected children in Southwest Florida. For over 50 years, Youth Haven has provided a therapeutic sanctuary environment for children and teens to heal from trauma. The staff are committed to ensuring the foster children in our care do not become bleak statistics; the children of our community deserve better. We are creating brighter futures and better outcomes through our visionary programing. It is an exciting time to join our nurturing and caring staff to ensure the necessary growth as one of the state’s premier congregate care facilities. Youth Haven is uniquely positioned with community support to create transformational change in the lives of foster children.
The Major Gifts Officer will cultivate and manage a portfolio of 150 major donors (those who have given over $10,000) to increase their generosity and engagement with Youth Haven's mission. Additionally, oversee and steward the CEO and CDO portfolios.
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: This position is considered EXEMPT under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) 29 CFR 778.415 – 778.421. Youth Haven offers a generous benefits package including 403B retirement plan, matching up to 6%; health insurance; tuition re-imbursement; gas, cell phone and wellness stipend.
- Proficiency in donor research tools like iWave and WealthEngine for prospect and donor research.
- Qualify a portfolio of 150 major donors/prospects and CEO/CDO portfolios of 15-30 donors each.
- Develop customized donor cultivation plans emphasizing quality interactions.
- Regularly update and manage constituent records in DonorPerfect.
- Implement donor-centered cultivation strategies for each donor in the portfolio.
- Collaborate with Youth Haven leadership to offer multiple engagement pathways for major donors.
- Prioritize, plan, and facilitate campus tours.
- Participate in and follow up on major fundraising events attended by major donors.
- Maintain detailed meeting notes and input them into DonorPerfect after interactions.
- Skilled networker with a track record of identifying and converting new donor prospects.
- Send personalized and polished communications (email, letters, phone, in-person) to express gratitude for support and engagement.
- Become an authority on Youth Haven's work and effectively convey the impact of donor investments.
- Adapt YH marketing and communications tone and timing to various mediums.
- Strong customer-service and donor-centered approach.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Familiarity with CRMs (DonorPerfect knowledge is a plus).
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Creative thinker for quality donor interactions (written, phone, & in-person).
- Excellent written communication skills.
Non-Essential Skills (But a Plus):
- Knowledge of advanced charitable giving methods and planned giving.
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) certification.
- Experience with capital campaigns and proposal writing/presentations.
- Familiarity with Collier County philanthropic community.
- Passion for Youth Haven’s mission.
- A minimum of 5 years in nonprofit fundraising or comparable field
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with board members and other volunteers.
- Major Gifts experience
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, integrity. The ability to be a creative and critical thought partner with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Experience with Donor Perfect or other fundraising CRM preferred.
- Other duties as assigned
Youth Haven is a drug free, equal opportunity employer and does not, nor shall not, discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, creed, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or religion. Local and federal background checks, and drug screening are mandatory. Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record.
Email Cover letter and resume to Peter Johnson, Chief Development Officer.