AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 09/18/23 Company: Youth Haven
POSITION: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: This position reports to the Chief Development Officer
PURPOSE: The role of the Development Coordinator is to support the development department as well as Youth Haven’s administrative office as a whole by providing administrative and clerical support to Youth Haven’s Executive and Development staff. This position is full-time and may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: This position is considered EXEMPT under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) 29 CFR 778.415 – 778.421. EXEMPT employees are not entitled to overtime pay under the specific provisions of this law.
Social Media & Communications
- Assist with Youth Haven’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts; Collects and organizes pictures and material for communications to create posts.
- Support development team in other communications including e-newsletters, website, and mailers.
Fundraising Special Events:
- Collaborate with development team to support event management, including; cultivate and expand event sponsorships; solicit raffle and auction items; coordinate with event contractors
- Coordinate event logistics to include: invitations, ticket sales, volunteer and staff assignments
- Assist development department as needed
- Learn event management with the goal of running a smaller event i.e. Healing Youth, Uncorked, Party with a Purpose, Art Haven, Paws4Kids
- Serve on the Employee Advisory Committee
- Assist on quarterly all staff meetings to ensure the messaging and vision is representative of the Chief Executive Officer and Management team
- Update and maintain DonorPerfect database on a daily basis.
- Ensure donor gifts and information is entered in a uniform, accurate, and timely manner
- Mail donor thank you letters within 72 hours of gift receipt
- Prepare and submit check log
- In conjunction with the finance department, perform the administrative functions with the donor software to close the monthly financial statements.
- Run donor reports as requested by the Chief Executive Director, Chief Development Officer, and Development staff
- Serve as an Ambassador for the agency
- Respond to donor inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner
- Provide support in the creation and distribution of donor communications
- Participate in donor stewardship and retention programs
- Communicate with local churches, organizations and groups to coordinate speaking engagements for the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Development Officer, and Management Team
- Manage the Ambassador Circle Program
- Assist with answering phones and transferring to appropriate staff
- Meet and greet visitors
- Manage traffic at front door of administration and interfaces with visitors
- Manage public calendars
- Assist volunteers as needed
Executive Director Auxiliary Functions:
- Serve as liaison for external and internal meetings
- Schedule meetings, sends meeting reminders, sets up zoom meetings, creates agenda, takes minutes at all meetings, distributes minutes
- Manage Chief Executive Officer’s calendar
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and expertise sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position
- 3 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing, or development
- Familiarity with DonorPerfect or other donor database software a plus
- Excellent oral and written skills as well as interpersonal and networking skills
- Highly skilled in all Microsoft Office programs; knowledgeable in design programs (Adobe) a plus; video editing and photography skills a plus
- Embraces change and promotes a therapeutic community culture
Youth Haven is a drug free, equal opportunity employer and does not, nor shall not, discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, creed, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or religion. Local and federal background checks, and drug screening mandatory. Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record.
Email Cover letter and resume to Peter Johnson, Chief Development Officer.