Post Date: 09/05/18 Company: South Florida National Parks Trust
The South Florida National Parks Trust (SFNPT) is seeking to hire a part-time assistant in the Greater Naples area from October 1 to March 1, 2019 to support the SFNPT’s annual Wine & Wildlife fundraising event on Thursday February 21 in Naples.
The SFNPT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports South Florida’s four national parks (Everglades, Biscayne and Dry Tortugas National Parks and Big Cypress National Preserve) through fundraising and community outreach.
Position Description / Responsibilities: The Development Assistant will work closely with SFNPT board members and staff to market and promote the 2019 Wine & Wildlife event, recruit event sponsors, organize the event auction, and coordinate event logistics. The Development Assistant will report directly to the SFNPT Executive Director.
The Development Assistant will be called upon to:
- Support SFNPT staff and board members in their efforts to recruit sponsors and secure auction items for the Wine & Wildlife event on Thursday February 21.
- Market and promote the event in Southwest Florida through media contacts and networking opportunities.
- Coordinate elements of the overall event plan and provide logistical support before, during and after the event.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have relevant work experience and a passion for South Florida’s national parks. In addition, the SFNPT is seeking candidates with:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage donors and board members, work effectively with others, and demonstrate leadership and professionalism.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences across a variety of platforms, including social media.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use email, Internet, and basic software programs including MS Word and MS Excel to complete assignments.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- The ability to work independently, under pressure, and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to work some weekends and evenings.
- The ability to use a personal vehicle for work (reimbursement provided).
Work Environment: The Development Assistant will work independently outside an office environment (SFNPT offices are located in Coral Gables, FL). The successful applicant will be expected to travel to meetings, presentations, and events in Southwest Florida. Some weekend and/or evening hours will be required.
Work Schedule: The Development Assistant will be expected to work 8 to 16 hours a week from October 1 through January 25 (a total of 17 weeks) and 16 to 24 hours a week from January 28 to March 1 (a total of five weeks).
Compensation: $15.00 per hour.
Application Deadline: Tuesday September 18, 2018
How to Apply: Mail, email or fax a cover letter and resume to:
Don Finefrock, Executive Director
South Florida National Parks Trust
1390 South Dixie Highway, Suite 2203
Coral Gables, FL 33146
T: 305-665-4769 / F: 305-665-4171
This position is open until filled. All applicants will be notified via email once a hiring decision has been made.
The SFNPT is an equal opportunity employer.