Post Date: 10/15/18 Company: Naples Senior Center
The Development Assistant needs to have an understanding of non-profit development and experience managing the donor database, preferably Raiser’s Edge. Assistant is responsible to ensure the integrity and accuracy of constituent information in the donor database. Position provides skillful database management and analysis – including gift processing, mailing list generation, and generation of reports as required to maintain the donor database and provide information to the CEO and donors as required or requested.
- Maintenance of donor database.
- Assures accuracy of the data entered into the donor management system.
- Assures that acknowledgement of all donations are completed in a timely manner, within 24 hours of receipt, or 48 hours maximum allowing for weekends and holidays.
- Assures accuracy of reports generated through donor management system.
- Handles mail appeals and special event appeals and mailings.
- Establishes and maintains the development schedule for the organization.,
- Coordinates all development events with appropriate personnel, which includes receiving and recording all information on attendees and sponsors for each event.
- Tracks responses to all invited events. If event requires, maintains seating arrangements.
- Prepares materials for distribution at all development events.
- Assures that materials necessary for the efficient running of the development office and needed for all development functions are ordered and maintained.
- Works cooperatively with the accounting assistant to assure that donations are entered in the donor database system.
- Maintains website with accurate and timely information.
- Is knowledgeable about all programs offered in the Senior Center.
- Assists as directed with any activities involving donors to the organization.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of experience in development or related field
- Knowledgeable of fundraising and donor software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and organize all aspects of the position
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform multi-faceted projects required for day to day activities.
Note: this position description represents the general nature and requirements of the position – this is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be required of this position.
Qualified interested candidates should apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org