Director of Development
Post Date: 11/01/18 Company: Redlands Christian Migrant Association
Statewide, well established non-profit agency is seeking an individual with passion and experience to be its Director of Development. We have reached the point where we desire to broaden our friends network and raise more private funding to support our mission. We open doors to opportunities for the low income rural families we serve in 21 Florida counties. While travel to Immokalee will be expected, a base in Tampa Bay or central Florida is ideal. Both challenging and rewarding, joining our team will never be boring.
Purpose of Position: Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for stewarding relationships and executing strategies that result in adding friends, donors and major gift income. Will implement comprehensive fund-raising plan to include private sector/foundation, and individual giving. In collaboration with interested Board members, will establish and staff the Advisory Committees (Friends for RCMA) in local areas designated as priority for fund raising efforts. Works closely with the Finance Department and all other relevant Departments in efforts to secure private and public sector funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Become familiar with RCMA data base for tracking donors/gifts and analyze both history and trends upon which decisions for cultivation of current and potential friends can be implemented.
- Supervise and lead the development/community relations team through mentoring, goal setting, performance management and professional development of staff.
- Develop and lead the agency’s private and public fund development efforts including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewardship of current and prospective major gift donors to reach targeted goals.
- Develop and implement annual appeal campaign, will conduct prospect search and manage donor base to ensure goal achievement with a focus on donor retention and development of donor growth strategies.
- Manage multiple projects and relationships, collaborating with RCMA staff, Board members, campaign volunteers and donors.
- Develop a proposed campaign schedule and general campaign calendar.
- Recommend and with approval, implement solicitation strategies for assigned prospects, working in collaboration with Board members, other key volunteers and RCMA administration.
- Implement procedures/policies, manage and provide direction to campaign team members and volunteers, schedule meetings, send out minutes, provide follow up.
- Serve as primary liaison between executive director and assigned prospects and other individuals who are key to the prospect relationship; manage as much of the institutional communication with the prospect as possible and maintain regular and tactful contact with prospects.
- Track and manage information and strategies pertaining to the RCMA donor base, including timely and accurate documentation of conversations and contacts with prospective donors, volunteers, Board members and senior management team.
- Collaborate with RCMA’s finance and other departments within the agency to ensure the integrity and accountability for all gifts/donations.
- Promote the mission, goals, reputation and integrity of RCMA in all contacts.
- Maintain library of relevant private foundations for reference by Board members or other authorized users.
- Benchmark progress of all fundraising activities via regular reporting.
- Carry out other special projects as assigned.
- Manage strategy, developments and implementation of PR materials and social media strategies.
Mandatory Qualifications: Minimum of three years of experience in private sector/foundation fund development with proven record. Expert and comprehensive knowledge and skills in major gift fundraising principles, practices and techniques. Skilled in making oral presentations to large and small audiences and writing clear and concise reports, evaluations and narrative pieces. Demonstrated capability to work with personal computers in a Microsoft Windows. Knowledge of Raisers Edge. Above all else, the possession of two requisites must be established: a personal concern and sensitivity for one’s fellow man, and the capacity to work effectively and graciously with subordinates.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field.
Send cover letter and resume to Isabel Garcia, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer