Development Services Manager
Post Date: 11/20/18 Company: STARability Foundation
The STARability Foundation (https://starability.org) is seeking an exceptional and experienced professional for the newly created full time position of Development Services Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Services Manager (DSM) will have the responsibility for managing the fundraising efforts of STARability and be directly involved with the creation and implementation of its annual fundraising plan. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with database management systems, fundraising functions, and be familiar with the operational aspects of a non-profit organization’s development office.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities - The DSM will be responsible for helping to enhance and expand STARability’s existing fundraising activities. The primary responsibility of the DSM will be to lead and manage this effort including the following primary duties:
• With input from the Executive Director, create the organization’s annual fundraising plan.
• Develop a timeline to implement and oversee the annual fundraising plan to keep all activities on schedule.
• Improve and expand STARability's donor database (Network for Good) and keep the data current.
• Produce and use a procedures manual for the Development Office.
• Establish systems to track and manage donors and prospects relationships.
• Create a donor communications plan.
• Prepare fundraising communications - from appeals to acknowledgments to other appropriate correspondence.
• Produce reports to track fundraising success and projects.
• Conduct prospects research, generate prospects profiles and participate in donor strategy meetings.
• Coordinate fundraising information for posting on social media.
• Coordinate fundraising volunteers.
• Provide management support for Events Committee meetings and events.
Experience and Skills - The ideal candidate will have at least three years of work experience in a fundraising role with demonstrated skills in database and office management. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline is preferred. Other key abilities and qualifications include:
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Experience administering a Donor Management System including best use practices for data management and generating in-depth reports
• Experience using social media to augment fundraising communications
• Strong communications, interpersonal skills, and writing skills
• Self-directed and motivated; ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Passion for non-profit work and comfortable in a team environment
• Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task projects
• Ability to be flexible, patient, and handle a variety of situations that can arise with clients
Other Requirements Include:
• Working some weekends and evenings
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to use a personal vehicle occasionally for work related events and meetings (reimbursement provided)
• Light lifting, up to 20 pounds
• Helping set up special events with volunteers
Application & Other Information - The Development Services Manager position is an exempt position offering a competitive salary and benefits. The potential candidate must be able to pass a background check. STARability Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Work Place.
Applications will be accepted via email to Karen Govern, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org through December 14, 2018. No phone calls please; include your resume, a cover letter, three references and a salary history.