Communications & Media Coordinator
Post Date: 12/20/18 Company: Redlands Christian Migrant Association
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Position and present the agency to RCMA's various constituencies, including donors, foundations, corporations, federal, state and local agencies, policymakers, the general public, staff, and the media. This position will also foster a team-based work environment that models core values of respect and appreciation of diversity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Serve as "editor in chief" of all print and electronic publications, including brochures, fact sheets, annual report, electronic newsletters, Web site, Facebook and other social media, and Internet marketing/fundraising activities.
- Oversee all activities related to media outreach, including pitching stories, producing press releases, staging press conferences and other news events.
- Proactively maintain relationships with reporters from all media with the goal of publicizing RCMA initiatives in the most effective way possible.
- Prepare reports and analysis of media coverage of the RCMA to measure results and map future strategies.
- Support activities that involve cultivating and securing major gifts, grants, and contracts. Help develop new agency programs and promote agency awareness through events.
- Create, write and refresh the agency message for fundraising appeals, agency videos, Web site, Internet and media opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships connected to communication projects, e.g. graphic designer, webmaster, photographer, printer, etc.
- Create reporting functions that can track, measure and analyze performance of communications and engagement channels and programs in meeting revenue, constituency and advocacy impact goals.
- Develop grant and contract proposals for foundations, corporations and federal, state and local government agencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 10 years experience either in a senior media relations position or a senior position in journalism. Non-profit experience strongly preferred.
Send resume & cover letter to:
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer