Post Date: 01/02/19 Company: Miracles in Action
Who we are:
We are an innovative, grassroots non-profit founded in 2005 with the construction of a rural primary school in rural Guatemala. Since then, we continue to fund the building of schools (#57 is completed this year); but, have also adopted projects that improve lives and address severe poverty (vented stoves, water filters, village water systems, gardens, nutrition/health education, etc.) Projects are implemented by “partner charities” that work in Guatemala. MiraclesInAction.org
Our founding Executive Director is transitioning out of this role, creating space for a new team leader to take us the next stage of our growth.
Miracles in Action covers overhead costs from the sale of handicrafts and jewelry made by Mayan artisans in Guatemala. This “Beyond Beads” program is managed by Miracles in Action. We attract donors to support our work because 100% of their donation dollars will go to project work, and none to overhead. Also, we spend donation dollars responsibly, exercise due diligence before approving grants, and we follow up on projects afterwards to assure expectations are met.
Miracles in Action hosts visits to Guatemala for donors to see how their gift has made a difference. i.e. attend school inauguration. Through public speaking with an inspirational Powerpoint presentation, we attract others to build schools and support our work. Our Naples, FL office handles administrative and handicraft sales activities. We have office/storage house in Guatemala, where we also host donor visits.
Role of Executive Director:
Function: To work collaboratively with the President/Founder and give direction and leadership to achieve the organization's mission and goals. The E.D. will manage Miracle in Action’s Naples office, administrative functions, staff, volunteers, and donor relations/building.
Primary Goals: 1. To develop and implement an effective fundraising plan to increase donations beyond our current level and methods. 2. To expand handicraft sales online, through Amazon and with wholesale markets. Develop systems for ordering products from Guatemala, fulfillment in Naples, website design/updates, marketing and promotion.
- Operational, Administration, and Board Support
- Performs or supervises daily office operations includes A/R and A/P, Quickbooks bookkeeping, email and postal correspondence, donor acknowledgements, etc.
- Lead, coach and develop Naples staff (40 hour Administrative Assistant, part time handicrafts office assistant). Set goals and conduct performance reviews. Handle HR functions for the staff.
- Serve as a non-voting board member, schedule/attend board meetings and work with the board to develop policies, procedures and priorities.
- Develop and maintain volunteer/donor database and MailChimp. Maintain all office records, photos, and assets.
- Financial Management
- Write grant proposals to Foundations, Granter, and donors.
- Develop annual budget approved by Board. Operate within budget.
- Execute plan/goals to increase donations and handicraft sales.
- Ensure legal documents, insurance and tax filings are completed on time, financial records are accurate, and assets secure.
- Manage charity funds cost effectively. Seeks in-kind and non-profit discounts.
- Manage staff hours/pay in a cost effective manor.
- Project Management
- Work with the President to evaluate and research new project requests/budgets to be presented to the board.
- Develop/execute a plan to raise awareness and funds on projects that are new or not fully funded.
- Maintain records and statistics on projects. Follow up with partner charities on required reports.
- Marketing and Communications
- Creatively communicate the activities/accomplishments of Miracles in Action and Beyond Beads through social media, website, e-news, annual newsletter, press releases and printed promotions. Publish stories/photos in monthly e-news.
- Update and enhance websites, online store site, and product catalog.
- Represent and advocate Miracles in Action at presentations, events, networking activities, etc. Seek opportunities to present to groups and for individual philanthropists and corporations.
- Plan, organize and execute fund raising events and arts/craft sales activities.
- Maintain frequent communication with President on operations and projects.
- Volunteer/Donor Management
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and thank volunteers
- Develop strong volunteer and donor relations.
- Follow up on donor requests, provide recognition and seek new donors.
- 5-10 year successful experience in non-profit management/development and sales/marketing.
- Background security check is required. Drug/alcohol testing may be required.-
- Non-compete agreement must be signed, where the employee cannot enter in to or start a similar business in the US for two years after separation from Miracles in Action.
- Lives within 15-20 miles from Naples office.
- Seek a 3-5 year commitment.
- Spanish helpful, but not required.
- Opportunity to live and work in sunny Naples, FL with positive, caring & giving people.
- Competitive full-time salary $50-60,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Medical benefits – 50% paid on your medical premium with annual cap of $4,000/year.
- 15 PTO days (vacation/sick), accrues after 2 months employment. 8 paid holidays
- After 6-9 months travel to Guatemala.
- Mileage reimbursement, over the miles commuted from Naples Office to home
- 3-month probationary period.
To Apply: Email Penny@MiraclesInAction.org with resume, references, and cover letter to include:
- Why are you interested? 2. Why leaving your current position or looking? 3. Why should we hire you? 4. Salary history of last two positions? 5. How far you live from zip code 34112?