CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Annual Fund Manager
Post Date: 02/19/19 Company: Humane Society Naples
Are you a dedicated and experienced development and fundraising professional?
Are you able to inspire others to give to a worthy cause?
Do you wish to join a positive and supportive team that is committed to helping dogs, cats, and other companion animals?
If so, Humane Society Naples invites you to apply for the position of Annual Fund Manager. The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive, year-round multi-million dollar fundraising plan for annual giving to Humane Society Naples under the leadership of the Director of Community Affairs. The successful candidate will identify, cultivate, and steward significant relationships with established and potential donors, seek and secure gifts, and identify potential major gift and planned giving prospects.
HSN can't take care of and find homes for dogs and cats in need without a strong foundation of financial support from our community. It's the Annual Fund Manager's role to ensure we have a sustainable flow of funding to achieve our mission. Your role within the organization would be to:
- Plan, implement, and manage annual giving operations to strategically maximize giving
- Solicit and cultivate new supporters with a special focus on the $100-$2,500 range
- Manage donor stewardship and recognition efforts
- Produce reports to track and evaluate the success of the annual fund on a regular basis
- Supervise the Database Specialist to ensure all gifts, including in-kind donations, are accurately recorded and entered into database
- Coordinate the development and assist in the production of the Annual Report
- In conjunction with Marketing Manager, develop and lead constituent giving efforts through direct maii, email, social media, and other campaigns
- Manage vendor relationships with direct response consultants and mail house to ensure successful direct mail and email campaigns
- Assist with other fundraising and development events and initiatives as requested
We'd like you to bring these qualifications and skills to the table:
- Minimum of 3 years direct fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant experience with demonstrated fundraising success may be substituted for a degree
- Strong interpersonal networking and relationship-building skills with individuals and groups
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
- Strong ability to collaborate with a team in a positive and energetic manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, self-motivation, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and security of donor and organization information
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications, donor database management, and general technology
- Compassion and concern for companion animals
This is a full time job, 5 days per week. You will typically get weekends off, but some work outside of traditional hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays) will be occasionally required based on organizational needs.
- Pay starts at $55,000 annually. Additional compensation may be considered based on experience and past fundraising success.
- A generous benefits package that includes
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at little cost to you. (Full disclosure: While dependent coverage is available, HSN does not contribute to the cost for adding family members to your plans.)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- $25,000 life insurance policy at no cost to you
- Optional enrollment in supplemental insurance plans (disability, accident, etc.)
- Optional enrollment in 403(b) retirement plan; matching contributions after one year of service
One last thing before you apply:
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. HSN values diversity and wants to increase the diversity of our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://hsnaples.org/careers