CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Capital Campaign Director
Post Date: 04/01/19 Company: Gulfshore Playhouse
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Capital Campaign Director for its $48 million Next Stage Campaign.
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced fifteen years of continuous growth based upon production and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month production season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $4.2 million, a 13 member Board, 32 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, more than 1300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of approximately 30,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to ignite a campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples. Several years of careful planning, together with land acquisition, followed. The Campaign is now more than one-third of the way to its goal.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall Campaign Management
- Help lead the strategy, development, and planning of the campaign, working collaboratively with the Producing Artistic Director, Chairman of the Capital Campaign, and Capital Campaign Leadership Team
- Cultivation and Solicitation
- Create and execute target cultivation plans
- Work with Producing Artistic Director, the Chair of the Capital Campaign, staff, and members of the Campaign Committee and Board, to cultivate and solicit prospects
- Prepare, refine, and execute solicitation strategies and presentations
- Help establish and build strong relationships with donor prospects
- Participate in solicitations as appropriate
- Oversee donor acknowledgement and recognition process
- Cultivate donor relationships at Opening Night performances and attend Campaign and other events
- Oversee research and tracking of donor prospects
- Schedule and prepare materials for capital campaign meetings
- Oversight of the campaign budget
- Capital Campaign Reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director and the Capital Campaign Leadership Team
- Capital Campaign Communications
- Plan and create cultivation and recognition events, in conjunction with the Events Manager and Director of Development
- Collaborate with staff and Capital Campaign consultant to develop capital campaign print, web, and social media communications materials
- Any other duties as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director
The ideal candidate will be self-organized, charismatic, and meticulous, with a proven track record of successful fundraising, particularly capital campaign, management, a drive to ensure high-quality work in every aspect of development, excellent communication and organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Capital Campaign Director will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Demonstrated ability to close high six-to-seven-figure gifts
- Ability to organize self and others amidst an active capital campaign
- Ten or more years of experience in development, including strong major gift and Capital Campaign experience
- Comfort with current development software such as Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and Docs, and ticketing software
- Demonstrated comfort interfacing with high net worth patrons, donors, and board members
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.