CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 04/15/19 Company: Youth Haven
Since 1972, Youth Haven has served as Southwest Florida’s only residential emergency shelter for boys and girls ages 6-18 who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. The therapeutic campus includes 73 beds and provides comprehensive care including nutritious meals, clothing, medical and dental care, counseling, academic tutoring and educational support, life skills training, support with activities of daily living, and intensive case management.
Youth Haven provides services to more than 300 abused and traumatized children annually with three programs for children and teens: The Counseling Center, The Emergency Shelter, and the Homeless Teen Transitional Living Program. Youth Haven is fully-accredited by the nationally-recognized Council on Accreditation (COA), a member agency of the United Way of Collier County and Naples Children & Education Foundation beneficiary, and recognized by Charity Navigator as a 4-Star agency. Youth Haven has been in continuous operation for more than 45 years.
- Responsible to the Board of Directors
- Provide information and support to the Board and committees
- With the Board and staff, responsible for formation, implementation and assessment of strategic plans
- Devote a significant amount of time to the supervision of Youth Haven’s fundraising efforts, including supporting the Board’s involvement in fundraising
- Proactively cultivate and solicit donors, and assist the development staff in the implementation of fundraising plans and policies
- Oversee and manage the budget, forecasting, and ensuring sustainable, diverse funding streams
- Actively provide hands on leadership for a positive agency culture enabling all staff to perform quality services in keeping with the mission and vision of the agency, including interaction with clients and families as well as with staff
- Attract, retain and engage effective employees who are responsible to work with this high-risk population in a 24-hour residential setting for children and teens
- Oversee appropriate personnel policies and procedures in accordance with Council on Accreditation and other high quality standards
- Actively pursue strong relationships with community partners, state officials, and constituents
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation and/or policy changes on federal, state and county levels
- Serve as the chief spokesperson and advocate for Youth Haven with state and federal legislators and agencies, other organizations, donors and the general public, including public speaking engagements and media contacts
- Bachelor’s Degree at a minimum with Master’s level education preferred in social work, counseling, business, health or mental health administration
- At least five years of increasing responsibility in upper management including oversight of internal operations, fiscal responsibility, personnel, and program supervision
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Strong budget and financial management experience
- Broad experience in fundraising including the cultivation of high net worth individual donors unique to the nonprofit sector and particularly in Florida
- Possess a history of achieving/exceeding goals, improving the bottom line, evaluating program performance, and growing organizations under his/her responsibility.
- Experience in nurturing a positive agency culture dedicated to the mission, clients and staff of the organization
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills in both writing and public speaking
- Organized and detailed
- Cheerful, creative, collaborative approach to problem-solving and decision making
- Ability to relate professionally and positively with a variety of individuals including clients, their families, staff, volunteers, board members, donors, and local, state and federal organizations and officials
- Demonstrate empathic understanding of diverse life situations
- Ability to respond to crisis calmly and effectively
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to be flexible to agency time demands
- Demonstrated ability to empower managers to lead without micromanaging
The projected compensation range for this individual will be competitive and in accordance with the background and experience of the selected candidate. Compensation includes an allowance for both vehicle and phone. The agency has a strong insurance package and employer contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan.
Youth Haven firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected categories.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Anna Stone, The Moran Company. APPLY NOW