CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Box Office Manager
Post Date: 04/23/19 Company: Gulfshore Playhouse
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, and experienced individual to serve as Box Office Manager.
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced fifteen years of explosive growth based upon production and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month production season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $4.2m, a 13 member Board, 32 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, more 1300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of approximately30,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and ignite a multi-million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: September 2, 2019
- Performing all daily box office duties, including answering ticketing phone calls, selling tickets in-person, printing and sorting tickets, taking group sales orders, interacting with subscribers and patrons, pulling box office reports, etc
- Serving as in-house concierge as necessary
- Managing/supervising all front of house duties, including, but not limited to: patron interacting, coordinating and facilitating volunteer schedules, overseeing concessions, seating, and front desk duties
- Contacting, sourcing, and scheduling ushers, maintaining usher database, and running usher orientations as needed
- Frequently checking ticketing software to keep current with trends, sales, and patron activity
- Building and updating show series, product packages, subscriptions, discount codes, etc. in ticketing software
- Soliciting and sourcing group sale opportunities
- Sourcing and managing group sales and the group experience
- Assisting with the creation and launching of performance reminders and thank you emails
- Assisting with the creation of Sales Reports and Equity Box Office reports
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Managing Director, and Producing Artistic Director
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to ensure high-quality work in the patron experience, excellent communication and organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Box Office Manager will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights and show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Two to three years of experience in patron services or customer services
- Ability to work with a team and build relationships with the audience and community
- Comfort with ticketing software and Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and Docs a must
- Comfort with interfacing with patrons, ushers, donors, and board members alike
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.