CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 05/13/19 Company: NCH Healthcare System
Department-48384 - NCH Center for Philanthropy
Weekend-None / Not Applicable
Bachelors Degree Required
The System Coordinator, working under the direction of the Senior Director of Development for Annual Programs and Support Service, is responsible for maintenance and daily operation of the donor data base (Raiser's Edge) for the NCH Healthcare Foundation. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, updating the software when new releases or patches are available, running standard reports, creating complex queries for reports to meet management's requests, creating mailing and prospect lists, importing and exporting data, posting batches and other work as assigned or needed to maintain that the donor database contains accurate information. Additionally, the System Coordinator is knowledgeable in other computer software such as word processing, Intranet/Internet web design tools, database software, desktop publishing so as to support other Foundation computer related projects to expand the donor base and to increase charitable gifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies needs, resolves problems, and works closely with Blackbaud and IT for system upgrades, patches and problem resolution. Participates in change control calls as needed and verifies donor base updates/upgrades in test environment before IT applies to "live" data base.
- Uses advance knowledge of queries, data merges and data output to generate reoccurring and ad-hoc reports to support and enhance Foundation's fund raising efforts.
- Establishes and monitors the security access by job function of all Foundation staff in Raiser's Edge. Creates and/or modifies dashboards for Foundation staff to use to guide/measure their own essential duties and responsibilities.
- Works closely with IT to create patient lists used for donor acquisition mailings of the Foundation. Assures that patient confidentiality is maintained and requests are HIPPA compliant. Maintains and monitors "Do Not Mail, Do Not Solicit" lists to ensure that donor/prospects opt-out preference is up to date each time the Foundation produces a mailing.
- Works collaboratively with Foundation staff to create or utilize existing reports in Raiser's Edge to identify trends or for comparison with other databases. Performs complex analysis of information to ensure accuracy.
- Performs routine data health management activities in Raiser's Edge and maintains the integrity of donor records by working closely with Foundation staff to assure that demographic and gift transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner, thus enhancing donor relations and ensuring appropriate audit trails.
- Accurately and efficiently adds and maintains constituent records, enters donations and pledges, posts batches, creates/updates acknowledgment letters and other correspondence in Raiser's Edge. Generates donor acknowledgment letters and pledge reminders that are timely and free of errors as defined by Foundation guidelines.
- Provides operational support for special events, cultivation events and programs of the Foundation including the Hospital Ball and Magnolia Ball. Works collaboratively with the Director of Special Events to create mailing lists, attendee lists and to process invoices and manage follow up of outstanding pledges. Creates necessary imports and exports of data to ensure that all transactions at fundraising events are recorded in Raiser's Edge.
- Ensure that the Foundation's website is operational and processes on-line gifts in Raiser's Edge. Responds or forwards for response all emails received through the website.
- Produces monthly reports for reconciliation with accounting. Adjusts donor records as necessary to ensure gift restrictions align with institutional needs.
- Provides back-up support for telephone and office coverage.
- Supports departmental activities to ensure that operational expenses are equal to or less than budget.
- Works collaboratively with Foundation staff to prioritize projects so that all information is delivered within agreed upon timeframes and to meet deadlines for completion.
- Maintains the highest standards of confidentiality of donor and patient information.
- Keeps abreast of best practice and trends in donor base management.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of NCH Healthcare System.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Information Management, Business or related field
- 3 years of experience in not for profit organization or healthcare environment required
- Previous use or familiarity with donor data bases, previous experience with Raiser's Edge preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally
- Advanced computer skills, including using Word and Excel
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, Strong organizational and time management skills