CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 05/16/19 Company: JDRF
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org
JDRF is seeking a talented, professional, fundraising Development Manager in our South Gulf Coast Chapter, located in Naples, FL. This position will oversee the planning, development, cultivation and stewardship of JDRF’s local Community events such as Gala, Golf, Community walks, etc. The Development Manager will assist in fundraising to grow revenue and deliver successful events and ensure local events are positioned for significant, sustainable growth in a manner that allows donors and volunteers to exceed their JDRF related goals.
- Serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Hope Gala and other key fundraising events.
- In coordination with the Executive Director and Corporate Development Committee, identify and cultivate new corporate partners for the local market.
- Assist in identifying and cultivating major donors.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records for all components of the Gala and other community events supported by JDRF. Ensure all budgets/timelines are met.
- Analyze all Gala revenue streams, including local sponsorship, Fund A Cure and auction to maximize fundraising capacity.
- Work directly with Gala volunteer committees (including corporate development, auction, Fund A Cure, night of, etc.) to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Lead the development and delivery of chapter signature event fundraising plans that include core standards, key performance indicators, benchmarks and best practices in the areas of fundraising, donor, volunteer and guest experience.
- Maintain the highest level of communications, ensuring a collaborative approach and execution for all donors in a donor-centric environment.
- Work with Executive Director to identify, solicit, recruit and develop volunteers for leadership and support roles in implementing JDRF Outreach Program.
- Manage and oversee accurate recording of information in database, file system. Create, update and revise as needed.
- Identify, build and steward relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in all JDRF activities.
- Build a collaborative relationship with other JDRF chapters and regional/national counterparts.
- Manage planning and oversee all logistical aspects of local events with focus on driving revenue, controlling expenses, and meeting approved KPI’s and deadlines.
- Lead program related meetings with board members, committee members and volunteers.
- Respond to and follow through with inquiries, needs, complaints and/or issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, work in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research cure therapeutics.
- Provide support for all additional chapter events.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of relevant fundraising experience preferred. Experience with other galas or other similar special event fundraising events/programs preferred.
- Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well-disciplined as a self-starter that is extremely resourceful, while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Active listening, analytical and possess great problem solving skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills along with excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Persistent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative. Ideal candidate is a self-starter and a relationship builder.
- Volunteer management experience required.
- Evening, weekend work and occasional overnight travel is required when needed
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL http://smrtr.io/38PwZ
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.