CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Resource Development Director
Post Date: 05/30/19 Company: Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
TITLE: Resource Development Director
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
1. Supervises the Marketing & Events Manager and Development Database Specialist creating an environment that empowers staff to demonstrate individual talents, encourages team building and interacts across functional lines in the best interest of the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County.
2. Identifies research sources that target potential new donors, sponsors, organizations that have the capability to support the Organization’s Mission and financial needs. Conducts research to identify major gift donors, potential Trustees and Ambassadors.
3. Manages a portfolio of 25-50 individual donors and prospects capable of making a major gift of $5,000+ to the Organization and achieves annual gift-giving goal.
4. Analyzes the donor base focusing on lapsed donors, donors who have potential for increased giving and prepares a report for the CDO with results and recommendations for a plan to better cultivate these donors.
5. Monitors the resource database to ensure accurate information is input and the output meets the needs of the Resource Development efforts.
6. Supports the Resource Development Committee to identify funding raising opportunities, develop implementation plans, identify sponsors, provide administrative assistance to effectively
implement the plan and analyze results. Recommends ways to improve the effectiveness of each opportunity.
7. Manages implementation of the Annual Fundraising Campaign and the Great Futures Start Here campaign (GFSH). Analyzes the results and recommends ways to improve effectiveness of these Campaigns.
8. Supervises the implementation of the marketing strategy to ensure it promotes all activities of the Organization to the Community at large, e.g. fundraising, youth development programs, donor recognition and the development of strong brand recognition.
9. Seeks out new grant opportunities and collaborates with the CDO and CEO to determine potential.
10. Monitors the Resource Development budget to ensure adherence to the plan.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Five (5) years’ experience in the fund raising field, community relations with demonstrated supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and coordinate fund raising, outreach and community relations for an organization.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of budgeting and adherence to the budget.
• Demonstrated supervisory skills in training and performance evaluation.
• Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, work in a fast paced environment.
Compensation range is firm at $60,000 - $68,000 based on education and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org Position will remain open until filled.