CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Director of Development--Part Time
Post Date: 06/04/19 Company: Florida Lions Eye Clinic
The Florida Lions Eye Clinic
Director of Development—Part Time
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Florida Lions Eye Clinic’s fundraising including, grant writing and reporting, the major gifts program, annual event, planned giving, donor stewardship, sustainable fundraising, and special events. The Director works closely with The Clinic, Manager, the Development committee, and the Board of Directors in all development and fund-raising endeavors.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet prospective and current donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them and stewardship.
- Cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee the grant program and work closely with the Grant Committee.
- Build the planned giving program.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Work closely with Clinic Manager, Development Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Clinic with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising donor database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Always demonstrate professional conduct.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace the mission of Florida Lions Eye Clinic.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Be comfortable working with businesses and organizations to build external relationships and recognition of the FLEC. Conduct Gift of Sight tours of the clinic.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor calls, visits, and appreciation events and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and complete tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
This position reports to the Florida Lions Eye Clinic Board of Directors, Fundraising Chair.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications
Send resume to Noreen Thomas at email@example.com or call 239-405-7687 for more information.