CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Director of Mission Advancement
Post Date: 07/09/19 Company: Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Naples District Council (Naples, FL)
The Director of Mission Advancement is responsible for fulfilling the vision and mission of St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) by working to drive efforts to engage constituents; broaden and deepen the relationship with the Naples and surrounding communities; and advance the work of SVDP through the meaningful contribution of gifts and talents.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Mission Advancement works with the Board and the Development Committee to plan, structure, and implement a comprehensive mission advancement program. These elements include major gifts cultivation and solicitation, direct mail appeals, grant research and writing, special events, print and electronic communications, planned giving and overall administration of development-related activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership in conceiving and implementing a comprehensive development program including timeline and measurable outcomes.
- Leadership and management of all Office of Mission Advancement activities.
- Supervises creative cost-effective efforts to identify, solicit, maintain and upgrade annual
- Work with the Development Committee to identify major gift prospects for cultivation and solicitation.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with donor and leadership prospects.
- Manage staff or volunteers for activities including gift processing, prospect research, grant
writing, and drafting of print communications, etc.
- Oversee all fundraising activities within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
- Measurable fundraising progress year over year.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising database platforms.
- Evidence of interest and/or ability to successfully grow a development program.
- Evening/weekend work occasionally required as well as potential travel to cultivate donors.
- Understanding of the practices, principles and policies of the Roman Catholic Church.
*Please submit cover letters and resumes to email@example.com for consideration.