CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Community Engagement Manager
Post Date: 07/16/19 Company: Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
TITLE: Community Engagement Manager
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Resource Development Director
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for coordination of all volunteer services and related activities as well as serving as a conduit to strengthening community relations through proactively participating in community events, organizations and committees thereby facilitating positive relationships between Boys & Girls Club of Collier County and the broader community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recruit, interview, select, screen, assign, train, motivate, evaluate, counsel and recognize
volunteers to meet the varied and ongoing, evolving needs of the organization.
• Communicate regularly with volunteers through a variety of channels to ensure all volunteers are well-informed, trained, and engaged in the work of Boys & Girls Club of Collier County.
• Develop and execute a formal, volunteer recognition and stewardship program to ensure volunteers feel appreciated, valued, and connected to the mission.
• Communicate with other department members to help facilitate and plan volunteer program needs for activities and events as requested.
• Maintain online volunteer registration and tracking program. Work closely with Database Specialist to ensure high-quality and accurate volunteer information is well-integrated into the organization’s database.
• Cultivate and maintain community partnerships with individuals, non-profits, county services, businesses, Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, Kiwanis, and other civic organizations for the purpose of creating a Boys & Girls Club of Collier County presence in the broader community.
• As a result of interacting with external stakeholders, recommend, create, and implement action plans to further organizational objectives and provide visibility.
• Supports the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in the planning and coordination of various community activities (e.g. community outreach, media, public relations, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing relationships, improving services/programs, and promoting a positive public image.
• Works with CDO and RD Director in identifying, stewarding, and cultivating volunteers and businesses into donors where appropriate.
• Promotes organizational programs and events with internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of communicating organizational vision and culture.
• Prepares and delivers written and oral communication to a variety of stakeholders as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Must love working with people and have an outgoing personality; comfortable in networking settings, customer service, community organizing
• Previous management or supervisory experience
• Ability to drive initiatives forward with limited supervision
• Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience developing and implementing project plans
• Excellent computer skills and a high comfort level with technology and social media
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience in preparing and giving public presentations
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative, high energy work environment
• Maintain confidential information
• Have high integrity and moral character, supporting the mission, philosophy, values, and policies of Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
Compensation range is $40,000 - $45,000. A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Qualified interested candidates please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.