CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Director of Development
Post Date: 07/18/19 Company: Charity for Change
Charity for Change -- Director of Development
Charity for Change seeks an experienced, full-time fundraising professional to lead its development and marketing program. The position reports directly to the CEO and will work collaboratively with team, volunteers, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, committees and consultants.
The Charity for Change Giver Program is a comprehensive character education and academic program teaching philanthropy to elementary school-age children, instilling character, empathy, compassion and the giving spirit. The organization was founded in 2008, and has grown to 87 schools and more than 10,000 students participating in its weekly curriculum. The platform is proven scalable and poised for significant growth.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Plan, implement and oversee all fundraising, development and marketing activities and communication including events, sponsorships, appeals, campaigns, planned giving and grant writing
• Research and coordinate prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition regarding individual, corporate and foundation contributions
• Oversee public relations, marketing and communications to ensure a clear, consistent, compelling and high-quality message in all formats: website, print, on-line and social media -- Development Director will provide information to communication consultant who will create and distribute the messages
• Create and implement a comprehensive development strategy and plan
• Oversee the processes and procedures of the development department establish policies and procedures a necessary
• Prepare and manage annual development and marketing budget, including income and expense projections
• Monthly compile and report status of all fundraising activities and projections to CEO
• Participate in community outreach activities, networking with prospective donors and connectors – individual, corporate and foundation
• Collaborate with CEO in preparation for Board of Directors, Advisory Board and other meetings
SKILLS, TALENT AND EXPERIENCE:
• Passionate commitment to the mission and core values of the organization
• Seven years’ relevant experience in fundraising with high success with donors or sponsors of $5,000 and above
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of Windows, Office and Donor Perfect. Greater Giving-type event software knowledge a plus (training available for Donor Perfect and Greater Giving)
• Valid Florida driver’s license and vehicle
• Project management and reporting
• Flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work as events require
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Self-starter, well organized in time management, planning, execution and follow-up
• High energy, enthusiastic and positive
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional development and staying current on trends in the profession, including maintaining professional development resources and memberships
• Diplomatic, confident, kind and a team player
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits available.
Contact: KarenConley@CharityforChange.org with confidential letter of interest and resume.