CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 08/07/19 Company: Valerie's House
Status: Full-Time Exempt Position
About Valerie’s House:
Valerie’s House is a non-profit organization based in Fort Myers, Florida, with a satellite location in Naples. We are a special place for children and families in Southwest Florida to connect with one another and learn the tools to heal after they have experienced the death of someone they love. Our mission is to help children and families work through the loss of a loved one together and go on to live fulfilling lives. Our vision is that no child will grieve alone. For more information, log on to www.valerieshouseswfl.org.
This position works closely with the CEO and Director of Development to build a strong base of donor support in Collier County by building relationships with donors and prospective donors with an interest and the ability to support Valerie’s House and its programs. This position manages the donor relationship through the donor cycle, which involves identifying, researching, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individuals, businesses, and organizations.
Areas of Responsibility and Essential Duties:
- Help donors and prospective donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
Secure gifts of at least $1,000 with the goal of raising at least $100,000 annually from individual donors, businesses, and organizations in Collier County
Research and identify prospective donors in Collier County with the capacity to give at least $1,000 gift annually to begin growing the prospect pipeline
Develop individual cultivation and solicitation plans for prospective and existing donors capable of making gifts of at least $1,000 annually
Implement a moves management plan to upgrade existing donors to a higher level of giving
Manage a portfolio of 50-75 number of donors and prospective donors
Make personal visits with donors and prospective donors
Conduct tours of Valerie’s House with donors and prospective donors
Make direct, face-to-face solicitations and assist the Board of Director and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, help with donor communications)
Track and report progress using the following metrics:
Number/dollar amount of upgraded gifts
Number/dollar amount of renewed gifts
Number/dollar amount of new gifts
Number of in-person donor/prospect visits
Assist with Valerie’s House events and activities, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including public contacts and presentations.
- Ability to use VH’s database to enter accurate interactions, notes, and other relevant details.
- Ability to generate donor reports and analyze trends related to assigned donors and prospects.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and meet goals. Problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records, complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Excellent social and business skills in day-to-day interactions with all community constituents
- Ability to work well with coworkers and to collaborate
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in media and/or communications with measurable results are required. Flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to use a computer to create professional documents and reports and be familiar with video equipment, including editing software. Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License and a personal vehicle for work-related travel. Must have the ability to travel extensively throughout Southwest Florida. Must be able to lift up to 5 pounds of program supplies and office-related materials.