CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Collier County Coordinator
Post Date: 08/07/19 Company: Valerie's House
Status: Full-Time Exempt Position
The Collier County Coordinator (CCC) will oversee many aspects of the Valerie’s House- Naples program, including building awareness, outreach in schools and other places to reach grieving children and build relationships with key members of the Collier County community.
Areas of Responsibility and Essential Duties:
- Increase the number of Collier County children enrolled in VH program by sharing our mission with schools, law enforcement, funeral homes, hospitals, mental health practitioners and other organizations within the community to inform them about services provided
- Represent VH at meetings with others in the mental health field including United Way agencies that support our mission and growth in Collier County
- Attend and speak at events and clubs including chambers of commerce, Rotary clubs and other organizations where potential supporters might attend to share VH’s mission with them
- Make presentations and speak at engagements to spread awareness of Valerie’s House
- Create and cultivate relationships with members of the Collier County business community and others who can financially support the expanding Valerie’s House-Naples facility
- In conjunction with the Program Director, meet with grieving families and conduct family orientations and tours of Valerie’s House-Naples facility
- In conjunction with the Family Support Coordinator, provide care and assistance to families, and help assess their ongoing needs and success in the grief support group they are placed in
- Provide tours of Valerie’s House to members of community to help increase awareness and financial support
- Stay current with grief and bereavement training and education, be willing to learn as much about the grief and bereavement field a possible
- Staff lead and group facilitator on group nights as assigned
A bachelor’s degree is required. Applicants must have an understanding of grief and how it relates to children, adolescents and their caregivers. A vibrant personality, energy and an ability to connect with people are also necessary. An ability to network with a variety of professional and community leaders as well as being comfortable to speak publicly about Valerie’s House is required. Applicants must be proficient in technology and have an ability to learn new and multiple computer programs. Publisher and other creative software expertise are preferred but not required. Social media expertise is a plus. A valid Florida Driver’s License and a personal vehicle for work-related travel are required. This position also requires the ability to lift up to 5 pounds of program supplies and office related materials. Some night and weekend shifts are required.
Please submit a resume to CEO Angela Melvin at email@example.com.